1. Knowledge of housekeeping tasks is preferred.
2. Must be able to physically waist lift a maximum of 30#, with frequent waist lifting and/or overhead lifting of 20#. Must be able to push and/or pull with a maximum effort of 20#.
3. Must be able to stand or walk 6-8 hours in an 8 hour day.
4. Must be able to frequently bend, squat, and twist body during an 8 hour day.
5. Knowledge of housekeeping equipment is preferred.
6. Must be able to attend mandatory in-services and housekeeping department meetings.
7. Must be able to read and write at an eighth grade level.
8. Must be willing to work weekends.
1. May be exposed to and work with chemicals such as detergents, disinfectants, furniture polish, window cleaner, etc.
2. May be involved in tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids or mucous membranes on a routine daily basis.
3. May be exposed to odors and infection.
1. To keep the facility free from dust, dirt, odors and clutter
2. To vacuum carpeted areas daily
3. To sweep and wet mop floors daily; Buff Floors 1 hour daily
4. To wet wipe vinyl chairs, over bed tables, bedside stands and window sills daily
5. To dust furniture daily with polish
6. To empty wastebaskets daily and replace plastic can liners
7. To clean bathrooms daily including toilets, sinks and mirrors
8. To replenish paper dispenser and soap dispensers when needed
9. To clean windows as scheduled
10. To water plants in the facility
11. To sweep outdoor entry ways daily
12. To inform supervisor of any needed supplies
13. To restock housekeeping carts daily
14. To change mop heads frequently during the day
15. To change water in buckets frequently during the day
16. To note needed repairs and report to supervisor
17. To keep housekeeping room neat and clean
18. To wash walls when needed
19. To sanitize equipment according to the schedule
20. Any and all other duties assigned by supervisor or Administrator in an effort to have a quality housekeeping department.
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.