***Now Offering Stay-on Bonus up to $10,000!!!!***
***Up to $525 Quarterly Bonus***
Apply Today to Join our Growing Team!!
Positions Available with the Best Trash Hauler in MN!
Walters Recycling & Refuse is Hiring for 1st & 2nd Shift Mechanics!
Minnesota’s Best 2021 Gold Winner!
Star Tribune Reader’s Choice
Voted Best Trash and Recycling Hauler in MN!
1st Shift & 2nd Shift: Mon - Fri 3 pm - 12 am (some Saturdays)
Walter's is a leading provider of waste collection and recycling services to both the public and private sectors in the Twin Cities metropolitan area. We are a family-owned and operated business started in 1988 with a fleet of over 75 diesel and compressed natural gas (CNG) powered trucks and provide 100,000 services per week.
About the role:
As a Diesel Mechanic you will be responsible for servicing and maintaining our diesel and compressed natural gas (CNG) waste collections vehicles.
- Perform preventative maintenance services.
- Inspect, repair, and diagnose including but not limited to diesel and compressed natural gas (CNG) waste.
- Communication and Customer Service.
- Keep work area clean and safe.
- Performs test drives and service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Ability to learn fleet maintenance software and new diagnostic equipment.
- Politeness, confidence, tact, patience, and diplomacy while dealing with complex problems.
- Must have all the required basic tools, will provide tool reimbursement up to $50.00 per month.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- 2+ Years of Diesel Mechanic experience
- Lifting up to 50 lbs. Motor coordination with finger dexterity, exposure to chemicals, and physical environment with dirt, odors, noise, and weather extremes.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen, DOT health evaluation, and physical assessment.
Walters offers competitive benefits packages including:
- Competitive wages - Based on Experience
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- EAP-Employee Assistance Program
- HSA Employer Contributions
- Company Paid: Life Insurance and Short Term Disability
- Company Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary Benefits; Additional Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Critical Illness, and Accidental
- Legalshield/ID Shield
- 401K with Employer Match
- Personal Time Off
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Free Trash pick up within the Service area.
Walters Recycling and Refuse Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.