Love animals? Want to make a positive impact on the planet? Come join Woodland Park Zoo as an Employee Relations Coordinator.
The Employee Relations Coordinator provides excellent customer service to employees and managers, and directly supports the HR Generalist.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide support and guidance with employee relations documentation and conversation.
- Research, analyze, and respond to employee/manager questions and/or issues regarding P&C policies and processes.
- Identify potential work relationship issues by assisting with stay and exit interviews.
- Support employee relations investigations and administration of focus group sessions.
- Enters electronic data into HRIS software as needed, and keeps P&C and employee files up-to-date by filing documents and paperwork in a timely manner.
- Help prepare metrics as it relates to employee relations and training activities.
- Assist with paperwork related to coaching and progressive discipline.
- Respond promptly to employee inquiries and complaints.
- Maintain excellent workplace relationships with fellow employees and vendors. Strives for the highest levels of customer service; responds to emails, phone calls and other queries in a professional and timely manner.
- Handles confidential information in an appropriately professional and respectful manner.
- Perform other duties or projects as assigned.
- Two-year Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from an accredited college or university; and one to two years of employee relations experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge and understanding of HRIS systems and applications.
- Ability to read, interpret, and explain documents such as company policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include some evenings and/or weekends as needed.
- Ability and willingness to learn other software programs as necessary.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Valid WA Driver’s License.
- Knowledge of Ascentis HRIS systems.
- SHRM-CP or PHR certified
- This position may be required to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to a typical office environment and/or outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Want to know more? Read the full job description here!
Pay: $26.44/hour + benefits
Applicants must be at least 18 years old. A criminal background check will be required of the selected applicant.
Application Directions: Applications are accepted online through our Jobs Page at zoo.org/jobs; no other forms of application will be accepted. Cover letter and resume are required.
Woodland Park Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in application and employment for any reason, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability or medical status including genetic information, and/or veteran’s status.
Woodland Park Zoo is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in all of its services. If you need accommodation in the application or interview process, please contact our recruiting team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Woodland Park Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in application and employment for any reason, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability or medical status including genetic information, and/or veteran’s status.