Love animals? Want to make a positive impact on the planet? Come join Woodland Park Zoo as an Evaluation Specialist.
This position is responsible for designing, planning, and conducting evaluation that supports the grant-funded Advancing Conservation through Empathy for Wildlife (ACE) and Empathy Collaborative Initiatives.
This is a limited duration, grant funded position currently funded through December 31, 2023.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop evaluation plans in collaboration with the Advancing Empathy and Empathy Collaborative project teams, leadership, and community partners.
- Provide mentoring and training opportunities to build evaluation capacity both internally and with external partners.
- Manage databases, perform quantitative and qualitative data analysis, and report writing.
- Conduct data collection in support of empathy-based programming and related trainings.
- Lead collective data collection efforts across multiple zoos and aquariums.
- Conduct evaluation that support multi-faceted participatory-research partnership with diverse community partners.
- Support the empathy projects in cultivating and maintaining positive working relationships with zoo staff, volunteers, and external partners.
- Research content, write articles, blog posts, publications, grant narrative information, communications/interpretive materials, and other materials in support of the empathy projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S. or B.A.) from an accredited college or university required plus two (2) or more years of related experience in evaluation, social science, visitor research, informal learning, community development, applied psychology, anthropology or similar fields; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiarity with quantitative and qualitative data analysis and database management.
- Familiarity with participatory research, asset-based community development, or similar community-centered strategies.
- Proficient and experienced in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Ability to work with customized databases and technology, and conduct online research.
- Ability to communicate effectively and comfortably with audiences of different backgrounds and experiences.
- Comfortable with change, innovation, and creative approaches to collaboration and evaluation.
- Excellent project management skills that include attention to detail, organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize effectively.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team within diverse teams and environments.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Familiarity with statistical software packages such as SPSS.
- Experience in cross-cultural competencies.
- This position may occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds while handling, lifting, and storing supplies.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to a typical office environment and/or outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While under COVID-19 restrictions this position may work mostly remote. When travel restrictions are lifted, job may include travel to the partner sites in WA, AK, ID, ND, MN, WI, and MT.
Want to know more? Read the full job description here!
Pay: $55,000-$65,000/annually plus benefits
Applicants must be at least 18 years old. A criminal background check will be required of the selected applicant.
Application Directions: Applications are accepted online through our Jobs Page at zoo.org/jobs; no other forms of application will be accepted. Cover letter and resume are required.
Woodland Park Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in application and employment for any reason, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability or medical status including genetic information, and/or veteran’s status.
Woodland Park Zoo is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in all of its services. If you need accommodation in the application or interview process, please contact our recruiting team at firstname.lastname@example.org.