Love animals? Want to make a positive impact on the planet? Come join Woodland Park Zoo as an Empathy Grants Specialist.
This position is responsible for leading the grant process from request for proposal through final reporting, handling grantee relationships, and coordinating with the internal Empathy Project team on the Advancing Empathy initiative program.
This is a limited duration, grant funded position currently funded through December 31, 2023.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the administration of the Building Organizational Capacity to Foster Empathy for Wildlife grant program under guidance of project leadership.
- Publish and administer request for proposals for eight proposal periods through 2023.
- Oversee review and award administration.
- Manage grant projects through shared grants management software Survey Monkey Apply.
- Refine and formalize the grant-making infrastructure according to project values and outcome goals.
- Monitor and mentor grantees through the entire grant process.
- Work closely with the Empathy Project team to coordinate grant activities with the ACE for Wildlife Network communications, strategic learning goals, and sharing forums. May facilitate cross-mentorship opportunities that enhance grantee projects.
- Work with the evaluation teams to facilitate project and program assessments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S. or B.A.) from an accredited college or university required plus two (2) or more years of related experience in foundation, and/or grant-making activities, informal learning, evaluation, community development, and/or similar fields; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated familiarity with capacity-building programs and grants, as well as best practices in equitable grant-making policies.
- Ability to communicate effectively and comfortably with audiences of different backgrounds and experiences.
- Comfortable with change, innovation, and creative approaches to collaboration and evaluation.
- Excellent project management skills that include attention to detail, organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize.
- Familiarity with grant-management software.
- Proficient and experienced in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Must be able to work with customized databases and technology, and communicate effectively via web platforms.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team within diverse teams and environments.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- This position may occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds while handling, lifting, and storing supplies.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to a typical office environment and/or outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While under COVID-19 restrictions this position may work mostly remote. When travel restrictions are lifted, job may include travel to the partner sites in WA, AK, ID, ND, MN, WI, and MT.
Want to know more? Read the full job description here!
Pay: $65,000/annually plus benefits
Applicants must be at least 18 years old. A criminal background check will be required of the selected applicant.
Application Directions: Applications are accepted online through our Jobs Page at zoo.org/jobs; no other forms of application will be accepted. Cover letter and resume are required.
Woodland Park Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in application and employment for any reason, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability or medical status including genetic information, and/or veteran’s status.
Woodland Park Zoo is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in all of its services. If you need accommodation in the application or interview process, please contact our recruiting team at email@example.com.