Washington DC or remote for the right candidate
The Center for Policing Equity is looking for a skilled Executive Assistant with a passion for social justice issues to support the President and Chief Operating Officer (COO) and serve as liaison to the Board of Directors.
The Executive Assistant will manage the office of the COO and provide administrative support to coordinate internal and external meetings and events, guide follow-up correspondence and task execution, and manage the COO’s calendar. The Executive Assistant may also be called upon to lead special projects, material creation, and other duties depending on skills and interest.
This Executive Assistant will also manage Board of Director relations and act as primary point-of-contact between CPE leadership and the Board, communicating critical organization updates and facilitating input from the Board on a regular and as-needed basis. The individual will act as primary staff support for Board of Directors and Committee meetings and will be responsible for compiling reports, preparing agendas, planning logistics, distributing materials, meals and other necessary support for these meetings.
This position requires an administrative professional with high attention to detail, excellent communication and coordination skills, ability to problem solve and independently prioritize work, anticipate the needs of the COO. The Executive Assistant must possess fluency or ability to develop fluency with work process tools used by the team, including Zoom, G-Suite, Salesforce, Asana, Sharefile, Slack, and others.
- Act as a link between the COO and the rest of the staff, contributing to better organization and planning
- Coordinate internal and external meetings for the COO. This includes all logistics and scheduling for conference calls via Zoom and in-person meetings.
- Note-taking and other support tasks for Operations meetings.
- Assist with coordinating travel for COO. This includes setting up appointments with external partners and addressing all logistical details.
- Submitting reimbursement forms and compiling receipts for COO.
- Contributing to event and retreat planning for the Operations department.
- Support all program staff with use of platforms and tools, including Asana, G Suite and team shared folder, Salesforce, Sharefile, Zoom, and Slack. This may include upload of materials and content entry.
- Specialized calendar management and availability tracking for COO
- Management of task completion during unscheduled (“maker”) time for COO
- Other ongoing duties, as assigned
Board of Directors Liaison
- Build out and facilitate the Board engagement program and in conjunction with the Development team. This includes determination of annual Board meeting schedule, conducting regular Board member outreach, assessing need for any Board-related technology / services, and onboarding / offboarding of Board members
- Plan and execute Board meetings and events (e.g., developing meeting agendas, directing logistics and travel, booking Venues, etc.)
- Prepare and distribute materials for Board and Committee meetings (e.g., strategic plans, financial reports, program progress) and managing file maintenance
- Track and resolve action items and follow-ups resulting from Board meetings or decisions
- Serve as primary administrator of the BoardEffect platform (Board Management Tool)
- Other ongoing duties, as assigned
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to handle sensitive information appropriately, while maintaining a high level of confidentiality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills
- Proactive in surfacing problems and finding solutions
- Comfortable taking initiative and “managing up” to move tasks forward
- Passionate about social justice issues
- Confidence using business productivity and task management platforms
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficient in G Suite, specifically Gmail, Google Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Forms
- Ability to learn and become fluent in Asana, Salesforce, Sharefile, Zoom, and Slack
Other Relevant Qualifications (desired, but not required)
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
- Experience as an Executive Assistant, Administrative Assistant, Project Coordinator, or similar role
- Proficiency with Asana, Salesforce, Zoom, and/or Slack