|As a research and action organization, Center for Policing Equity (CPE) produces analyses identifying and reducing the causes of racial disparities in public safety. Using data-driven approaches to social justice, we use science to create levers for social, cultural, and policy change.
We are research scientists, race and equity experts, data virtuosos, and community trainers. We use data to build a more fair and just system. We partner with law enforcement and communities. Our aim is to bridge the divide of communication, generational mistrust, and suffering. But most of all, we are the path that science can forge towards public safety, community trust, and racial equity.
Washington DC or remote for the right candidate
The Center for Policing Equity is looking for a skilled Executive Assistant with a passion for social justice issues to support the President and Chief Operating Officer (COO).
The Executive Assistant will manage the office of the COO and provide administrative support to coordinate internal and external meetings and events, guide follow-up correspondence and task execution, and manage the COO’s calendar. The Executive Assistant may also be called upon to lead special projects, material creation, and other duties depending on skills and interest.
This position requires an administrative professional with high attention to detail, excellent communication and coordination skills, ability to problem solve and independently prioritize work, anticipate the needs of the COO. The Executive Assistant must possess fluency or ability to develop fluency with work process tools used by the team, including Zoom, G-Suite, Salesforce, Asana, Sharefile, Slack, and others.
- Act as a link between the COO and the rest of the staff, contributing to better organization and planning
- Coordinate internal and external meetings for the COO. This includes all logistics and scheduling for conference calls via Zoom and in-person meetings.
- Note-taking and other support tasks for Operations meetings.
- Assist with coordinating travel for COO. This includes setting up appointments with external partners and addressing all logistical details.
- Submitting reimbursement forms and compiling receipts for COO.
- Contributing to event and retreat planning for the Operations department.
- Support all program staff with use of platforms and tools, including Asana, G Suite and team shared folder, Salesforce, Sharefile, Zoom, and Slack. This may include upload of materials and content entry.
- Specialized calendar management and availability tracking for COO
- Management of task completion during unscheduled (“maker”) time for COO
- Other ongoing duties, as assigned
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to handle sensitive information appropriately, while maintaining a high level of confidentiality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills
- Proactive in surfacing problems and finding solutions
- Comfortable taking initiative and “managing up” to move tasks forward
- Passionate about social justice issues
- Confidence using business productivity and task management platforms
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficient in G Suite, specifically Gmail, Google Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Forms
- Ability to learn and become fluent in Asana, Salesforce, Sharefile, Zoom, and Slack
Other Relevant Qualifications (desired, but not required)
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
- Experience as an Executive Assistant, Administrative Assistant, Project Coordinator, or similar role
- Proficiency with Asana, Salesforce, Zoom, and/or Slack