Job Title: Lifeguard
Location: Jerry Resnick Aquatic Complex
Position Type: Hourly
Pay Range: $9.25-$11.00
Minimum Prerequisite: ILTP Lifeguard License or Equivalent
Will Train Applicant: Yes
Education: Enrolled/Graduated High School or Equivalent
Human Resource Contact: Brandy Mobley
I. JOB SUMMARY
Provide general oversight, 'Gold Standard' safety, and excellent customer service for guests/swimmers frequenting aquatic facilities and attractions operated by Jeff Ellis Management, LLC
II. DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Lifeguards must consistently perform the following duties:
- Maintain vigilance of guests/swimmers by consistently scanning swimmer protection zones to maintain the E&A '10/20 Protection Rule'
- Enforce safety rules, riding instructions and regulations for the safety of guests/swimmers
- Render aid by rescuing distressed swimmers
- Provide first aid and emergency care for guest/swimmers who suffer injuries or sudden illness
- Provide a warm and inviting atmosphere when assisting guests
- Perform additional tasks as assigned
To perform the job successfully an individual must 15 years of age or older and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Lifeguard must be able to continuously swim a distance of 200 yards (without resting) using the front crawl and/or breaststroke, tread water, and recover a 10-pound weight from a specified depth.
- Exceptional problem solving and critical thinking
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Positive Attitude
- Team Mentality