Would you like to help make a difference, enjoy excellent benefits, and join a fast-growing company? We might have a job for you. We are looking for a dedicated Workforce and Community Services Specialist who shares our passion for helping others to join the I Am Boundless, Inc. team!
I Am Boundless, Inc. provides programs, services, and supports to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and/or behavioral health challenges. From residential and employment assistance to academics and social engagement, our person-centered approach to care celebrates each individual and encourages them to become active participants in the communities where they live, work, and play.
Working for Boundless has many perks. We treat our team like family and offer advantages that allow you to focus, thrive, and grow.
Enjoy excellent benefits such as medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, a flexible spending plan, legalshield, and generous paid time off. Looking to develop your skills? Boundless can offer you hard to find training, flexibility, and personal and professional
Salary is $14 per hour
Schedule: On-Call, Sometime Monday - Friday, approx. 7am-3pm, working between 20-25 hours/week, the schedule will be known 1 week in advance.
To provide and coordinate a variety of supported employment services for program participants and collaborate with partnering agencies and businesses. To assist program participants to secure meaningful and well-matched, competitive employment outcomes in their community.
What You Will Be Doing
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for adherence of all requirements related to referring partners (including OOD and County Boards of DD). This includes maintaining necessary records, submitting weekly reports as required and providing input to referral sources regarding individual service progress. Comply with all Agency policies, procedures and safety standards and ensure health and safety for all Program participants. Understand and adhere to Medicaid Waiver, Department of Labor and all applicable regulatory standards.
- Provide community employment training and/or assessment services in classroom, group and individual/business settings.
- Responsible for providing all aspects of Supported Employment, including but not limited to; Job Development, Job Coaching, Community-Based Work Assessments, Career Exploration, Career Discovery, Job Retention.
- Identifies barriers to employment, has knowledge of community resources, and makes appropriate referrals.
- Teaches a variety of skills including job readiness, basic literacy, and life skills in a classroom or one-on-one format.
- Assist program with Retention Performance measure by conducting and documenting regular follow-up activities with participants and employers.
- Stays informed of community, agency, and program information through inter-office communications, attendance at staff meetings, participation in professional development activities and other community events.
- Acts as a positive role model for participants in all aspects of professional performance.
- Observes safety procedures and personnel policies and ensures compliance by participants.
- Provide own transportation to visit employers and participants on site, as needed.
- Provide weekly and monthly reports to Quality Assurance.
Required Education and Experience
- Previous experience supporting adults with disabling and disadvantaging conditions.
- Must have High School diploma/GED
- Knowledge of business and industry hiring practices.
- A valid driver's license and your own vehicle.
- Must pass Certified Employment Support Professional (CESP) exam within the first year of employment.
- Must maintain all Employment First and Medicaid Waiver Certifications without lapse for duration of employment.
- Must maintain the ability to pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
- Must maintain a valid driver's license and a driving record acceptable to Boundless’ liability insurance provider.
- Must be able to interact cordially and productively with a variety of people.
- Ability to use general office equipment including computer keyboard by touch.
- Must possess good organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to take initiative, make decisions and work well with little supervision.
- Must be able to keep information confidential.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate clearly in English.
- Must be able to maintain an effective working relationship with, and among employees and participants, while motivating them to their best performance.
- Must be able to make schedules and work with generally little supervision.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, occasionally including nights and weekends
- Ability to function in a work environment with occasional periods of high stress.
At Boundless, we are building a world that realizes the potential of all people. Will you join us? Apply today.
All candidates who have received an offer of employment will be required to undergo a pre-employment background check, drug screen, and health screen as applicable for the role.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.