|MODE Transportation is a leading non-asset based, third-party logistics company focused on delivering truckload, less-than-truckload, intermodal, air, ocean, parcel and managed transportation services. Our company operates across North America through a network of highly qualified transportation professionals.
This is a temporary position with the potential to turn full-time, regular.
The primary duty of the Carrier Compliance Specialist is to accurately maintain the company's motor carrier database, qualify new motor carriers, respond to requests for information from independent business owner/agents and corporate employees, answer phone or email queries from motor carriers, and respond to situations that fall outside normal business operations. The Carrier Compliance Specialist will be expected to maintain a high level of accuracy in updating information and in providing appropriate information to the proper parties and will interact with multiple contacts throughout the supply chain by phone and email as needed. This Specialist will be trained to process all external service reports on carriers and update the information in our proprietary Transportation Management System. A keen sense of urgency to escalate when necessary is a must. This position may also include the training to handle a broad assortment of issues and problems that could arise both during their regular working hours and during assigned after-hours coverage of the Carrier Compliance function.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Identify and process all outstanding external service reports on carriers.
• Identify issues requiring further investigation to management or designated department and escalate accordingly.
• Accurately maintain carrier database.
• Field and respond to complaints, functioning as primary carrier compliance contact for independent business owner/agents, carriers and team members by telephone, email, or instant messaging.
• Qualify new carriers presented by the independent business owner/agents for qualification/disqualification.
• Request information from insurance companies regarding carrier insurance policies and certificates.
• Document independent business owner/agent or carrier interactions, inquiries, complaints, and details of carrier research as well as any actions taken in the internal proprietary operating system.
• Obtain and examine all relevant information to assess validity of complaints and to determine root causes.
• Follow up to ensure that appropriate action was taken to provide resolution to the issue.
• Contact involved parties to respond to inquiries or to notify them of results found or any planned actions.
• Continuously build compliance relationships with independent business owner/agent personnel to successfully work together daily.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
• Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
• Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
• Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
• Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
• Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
• Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
• Assertiveness - Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
• Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.