ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Provide production assembly support through the performance of soldering, component preparation, mechanical insertion (such as resistors, transistors, capacitors, integrated circuits, sockets, transformers, etc.), wiring, harness builds and touchup of components when required.
- Adjust or trim materials or hardware to achieve specified electrical or dimensional characteristics
- Perform assembly tasks such as: crimping, staking, screwing, press fitting, bolting, riveting, soldering, bonding potting, encapsulating, sanding, cleaning, epoxy bonding, curing, stamping, etching, labeling, taping, marking & color-coding parts.
- Operate equipment and tools relative to accomplishing assembly, stuffing, and prep of electronic components and assemblies.
- Assemble material and hardware to wire boards or chassis.
- Install electronic components on boards and prepare boards to be soldered.
- Examine components already installed to verify accuracy of items such as: polarity, value and positioning according to specifications. Also identify component problems such as damaged components or poor solder connections.
- Perform mechanical inspections using measuring equipment (calipers, scales, etc.) when required.
- Connect and solder component lead wires to printed circuit or routes and connects wires between individual component leads and other components, connectors, terminals, and contact points.
- Replacement of multi leaded through-hole and fine pitched surface mounted components using approved removal tools.
- Incorporation with Design Engineering and Manufacturing Engineering, perform non-routine assembly operations such as pre-production runs to assist in determining the manufacturability of the products.
- Assist in the training of and guidance to other assemblers.
- Ensure that all work is within the guidelines of Extant's process, procedures and customer specifications
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma, GED or Equivalency required; 2 - 4 years’ experience in an electronic assembly environment. Should be able to demonstrate ability to solder/touch up SMT, through hole, and harnesses using manual soldering and de-soldering equipment. Must have in depth knowledge of component marking and identification, and a high level understanding of the use of production tools and machinery.
Must be able to support standard business hours, Monday through Friday. Must also be able to support overtime on week days or weekends as required to support business needs.
Must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. and be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.