Services Coordinator needed for part-time, temporary position in Montgomery County.
To improve the viability of the housing development and improve the quality of life for residents who are elderly, elderly disabled (frail and/or at risk), and non-elderly disabled. This is accomplished by increasing residents' access to services and by facilitating their participation in programs that enhance their physical, social, and mental well-being.
General Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide general assistance and advocacy related to supportive and social service to all residents; provide up-to-date information and clarification regarding programs such as Medicare, Medicaid, entitlements, and formal supportive and socials services.
• Develop and maintain linkages with community resources such as the Area Agency on Aging in order to remain current regarding information and services available to address resident needs.
• Act as liaison with local care providers and hospitals to ensure successful discharge from care facilities and return transition of residents to their apartments.
Assesses the needs of the residents.
Counsels residents in the development of a service plan to meet their identified needs.
• Work cooperatively with residents and their families when planning for relocation to a nursing home or other long-term care facility is required.
• Promote a positive social climate that fosters residents' psychosocial well-being by developing, implementing, and monitoring educational, recreational, and therapeutic programs for resident participation.
• Address the social and recreational needs of the senior community with the assistance and participation of the resident.
Participates in the identification of social programs and advocates for the development of new services.
• Identify leaders among the residents to volunteer to manage aspects of the service program and social and recreational functions in the development. Encourage volunteerism.
• Educate residents to services available on-site and in the community.
• Create new services or increase the availability of existing services to meet resident needs.
• Empower residents to meet their own needs through education, training, and accessing services for themselves.
• Create and distribute fliers and newsletters.
• Document contact with residents, providers, and families. Keep resident files current.
• Prepare reports regarding service provision and update service plan in accordance with governing bodies.
Work with the Resident Council as needed.
Grant writing and submission upon request.
Advertise, monitor and schedule additional services such as exercise and Chore.
• Participate in ongoing training and networking programs like PHFA Housing Services Conference, Webinars, Workshops and Regional Forums.