ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
**SIGN-ON BONUS** $1,000
The primary function of a dental assistant (DA) is to perform chair-side assistance in all areas of dentistry such as, restorative, prosthodontics, surgery, endodontics, and periodontics for both routine and emergent care. Dental Assistants will greet and seat patients, take radiographs, set-up instruments for procedures, clean/disinfect operatories, use proper infection control protocol at all times. DA's are also involved with community programs such as the School-based Sealant & Fluoride Varnish Program. DA's will rotate through all clinics within the TCRHCC Dental Program. DA's are required to work with the Electronic Dental Record (EDR) and Electronic Health Record (EHR). Customer Service is a priority for all dental staff.
- Must prepare patient for proper dental procedures including setting up instruments and following sanitation processes for each patient.
- Sterilizing dental instruments and equipment at satellite clinics and main clinic.
- Organizing and laying out instruments for dental provider’s use.
- Meeting and greeting patients and seating them in the dental chair.
- Keeps alert to condition of patient during treatment; checking for signs of fainting, shock, or other signs of distress.
- Perform routine dental laboratory procedures including pouring and trimming models, constructing custom impression trays, fabricating base plates and bite rims, fabricating mouth guards, basic denture repairs, etc.
- Perform rubber dam isolation for restorative/operative and endodontic procedures.
- Responsible for cleaning, packaging and sterilizing all dental instruments and proper storage.
- Proficient in taking radiographs.
- Proficient in dental charting for exams and treatment planning.
- After appropriate training, may provide supragingival cleanings using a Piezon, rubber cup prophylaxis, dental sealants, and fluoride treatments under general supervision by a dental provider.
- Provide Oral Hygiene Instructions (OHI) and Post-Op Instructions (POI) for certain procedures (e.g. extractions, root canal treatments)
- Must complete all mandatory trainings and certifications as required of the position in the timeframe designated by supervisor (e.g. radiology, infection control, periodontal therapy, mandatory hospital trainings).
- Will work with EDR and EHR programs; training will be provided as part of the orientation process.
- Completes all patient care documentation in the electronic health record entries accurately and in real-time.
- Participates in departmental workflow and or testing teams as related to electronic health record or other project initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position requires long periods of standing, walking, sitting, lifting, and bending. Work in a well-lit clinical setting with strict infection control standards. Must wear gloves, masks, eyewear, and protective clothing to protect themselves and their patients from infectious diseases.
Performs a number of clinical support activities including chair-side assistance and radiographic work, which involves a variety of sequential steps and processes. In each case, the category of the particular task and consideration of readily verified factors determine what steps are to be taken.