Bolton & Menk has a great opportunity for an Engineering Technician to join our expanding Baxter team! As a Top150 Workplace in Minnesota, this is a fantastic opportunity to work with a great team of professionals and help make a difference in our local communities!
What you will be doing:
You will have the opportunity to learn practical on-the-job application of the skills you have learned working with our Project Engineers serving our municipal clients in our Baxter area market.
- Assisting with design and construction phase activities on municipal projects
- Performing basic design computations, preliminary layout and design, researching and preparing rough drafts of preliminary reports and feasibility studies
- Assisting with project plans and specifications, preparing cost and quantity take-off estimates
- Construction observation activities may include performing construction staking, performing construction administration duties such as documenting activities, measuring and testing, providing general oversight, and interacting with contractors, sub-contractors, residents and City staff.
What we are looking for:
- Associate Degree in Civil Engineering Technology from an accredited institution. We will consider a May 2021 graduate.
- Ideally one internship in infrastructure design and/or construction observation.
- Must be capable of working in extended outdoor conditions and you must be physically capable of navigating rugged terrain for the purpose of performing the construction observation duties outlined above.
- Must have academic experience or on the job experience with AutoCAD. Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D beneficial.
- Must possess basic MS Office skills including Word and Excel.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and your own transportation. You will be reimbursed for business-related travel.
- Ability to actively listen to others for understanding of their needs and situations; ability to read, speak and write English clearly is required. This position interacts with City staff, City residents, contractors and sub-contractors.
WHY BOLTON & MENK?
Work with a creative and hardworking team, who believe in client satisfaction and building relationships. For over 70 years Bolton & Menk, Inc. has served public and private clients with comprehensive planning, design and construction engineering and surveying services. The employees at Bolton & Menk are seeking hard working and ambitious co-workers to join us to deliver tomorrow’s leading infrastructure projects. Bolton & Menk is employee-owned, is ranked among ENR’s Top 500 Design Firms and is a Top 150 Workplace in Minnesota. With over 550 employees and 22 offices in Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota and North Carolina, there are always new challenges and career development opportunities available.
At Bolton & Menk, we value our people and provide an exceptional Total Compensation and Benefits Package to protect our most valuable asset. We are committed to the well-being of our employees and their families. Perks of being a Bolton & Menk employee include peace of mind with our benefits package and competitive compensation plan, flexible schedules and career development opportunities. Learn more here: https://www.bolton-menk.com/our-benefits
We're Social! Connect with us on Twitter @BoltonandMenk or on Facebook at BoltonandMenk
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bolton & Menk does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third-party agencies in response to Bolton & Menk job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. Pre-approval from the Bolton & Menk Talent Acquisition team is required before any external candidate can be submitted and such candidate must be submitted to the Bolton & Menk Talent Acquisition team.
Bolton & Menk, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.