The Optical Networking and Sensing department invites applications for summer 2021 internships. We are seeking individuals with background in machine learning, deep learning, computer vision, and/or statistical signal processing to work on developing innovate algorithms and solutions for intelligent sensing problems. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to research and develop innovative tools to extract useful information from large-scale data generated by our own distributed optical fiber sensing system and make a practical impact on our future products and solutions for safety & security, smart city, infrastructure health monitoring, etc.
Ongoing projects include anomaly detection, object detection, localization and tracking, video/audio data fusion, signal enhancement, domain adaptation, data augmentation, predictive modeling, and source localization.
This internship has a minimum 12-week duration.
• Currently enrolled in PhD/MSc program in electrical engineering, computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, or equivalent
• Expertise in one of more of the following areas: deep learning, computer vision, acoustics, array signal processing, real-time processing, time-series analysis, and/or statistical modeling
• Excellent programming skills in Python or MATLAB, experience with deep learning frameworks (Pytorch, Tensorflow) is a plus
• Publication record in top conferences (NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, CVPR, ICCV, IJCAI, AAAI, and ICASSP) is a plus
• Good presentation and collaboration skills
This position is currently accepting applications.