Love animals? Want to make a positive impact on the planet? Come join Woodland Park Zoo as a HR & Contact Tracing Administrator.
The HR & Contact Tracing Administrator serves as the day-to-day systems and services point person for current and prospective employees as well as provides critical and timely contact tracing of possible employee exposures in response to pandemics or other major health events. This position directly supports the P&C team by assisting with departmental tasks, projects and other activities.
PRIORITY GIVEN TO APPLICATIONS RECEIVED BY JANUARY 8, 2021
What you’ll do:
- Handle sensitive and confidential information in a professional, respectful, and timely manner.
- Interpret and execute federal, state, and local health agency guidance in response to pandemics or other major health events.
- Build and maintain productive working relationships within the zoo and with external partners.
- Perform thorough contact tracing on reported possible or actual pandemic illness exposures.
- Determine when self-quarantine and/or building closures are required and notify all relevant parties. Coordinate cleaning, sanitization, and re-opening of affected areas.
- Identify, track, and coordinate return to work for employees with possible exposure to pandemic illnesses.
- Support self-quarantined employees through response to specific inquiries and by sharing available internal and external resources.
- Respond to email and phone requests for information from employees, supervisors, and outside contacts. Monitor general P&C inbox and respond to emails.
- Support employee relations investigations.
- Research, analyze, and respond to employee questions or concerns regarding P&C policies and processes. Consult with other P&C team members as needed.
- Administer annual on-site tuberculosis testing for employees, volunteers, and interns.
- Partner with Benefits & Comps Manager to maintain procedural documentation, policies, presentations, forms, and other organizational resources.
- Create, update, organize and maintain physical and electronic files and directories, to ensure information is accessible and up to date.
- Create, edit, and update written and oral communications including zoo-wide staff emails, procedural documentation, policies, forms, employee facing webpages, PowerPoint presentations, and other organizational resources.
- Review, update, and maintain companywide organization charts for general distribution.
- Review and process Employee membership requests.
- Administer employee name tags and parking permits.
- Contribute to organizational and employee engagement by providing ideas and solutions, preparing and supplying metrics, coordinating and participating in work groups, and assisting with employee engagement events as needed.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in the Human Resources field.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Who we’re looking for:
- You’re skilled in having confidential, sometimes difficult conversations.
- You have a two-year Associates degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university in Human Resources, Business, or a Science related field and two years of Human Resources experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- You enjoy working on a team and learning from colleagues.
- You’re able to prioritize tasks and quickly adapt to changing needs or unique situations.
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You have the ability to read, interpret, and explain documents such as P&C policies; federal, state, or local agency laws and guideline; payroll procedures; and safety materials.
- You’re an excellent communicator – both verbally and in writing
- You have excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.You know how to draft and present training materials.
- You can work a flexible schedule, which may include evenings and/or weekends.
- Knowledge and understanding of HRIS systems and applications. Experience with Ascentis HRIS preferred.
- You’re proficient in with Microsoft Office.
- You have working knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws.
- You have a valid WA driver’s license with a safe driving history.
Want to know more? Read the full job description here.
Pay: $54,000 per year, plus benefits.
Application Directions: Applications are accepted online through our Jobs Page at zoo.org/jobs; no other forms of application will be accepted. Cover letter and resume are required.
PRIORITY GIVEN TO APPLICATIONS RECEIVED BY JANUARY 8, 2021.
Woodland Park Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in application and employment for any reason, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability or medical status including genetic information, and/or veteran’s status.
Woodland Park Zoo is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in all of its services. If you need accommodation in the application or interview process, please contact our recruiting team at email@example.com.