The Electronic Health Record (EHR) Application Support Analyst applies their knowledge of Healthcare and Clinical Applications to administer, demonstrate, implement, train and support various critical systems of the Healthcare Solutions Team. This position works to identify and recommend improvements for clinical applications and workflow. Candidate must possess excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills with the ability to work well in a diverse, multicultural environment. Candidate should possess a sense of ownership over assigned portfolio of applications and ensures smooth daily operation of all applications in the position’s purview. Candidate will use extensive analytical and troubleshooting skills to carry out their primary responsibilities. Must possess ability to balance competing demands, urgent matters and confidential material in a professional manner.
- Contributes to maintenance of appropriate technical documentation necessary for IT Operations, training, workflow and analysis.
- Provides application support to user requests, including dictionary configuration, functionality troubleshooting, training and workflow analysis.
- Monitors applications to ensure systems are running at optimal performance level.
- Performs applications maintenance in compliance with Established (ITIL) change control process.
- Participates in identifying and providing input for solutions and improvements to systems.
- Identifies applicable new technologies appropriate for adoption.
- Works with healthcare teams in operational and organizational analysis to identify areas of needed improvement. Designs and processes workflows, data flows and other solutions with customer’s operational practices.
- Participates in process for successful deployments, including documentation of test plans, creation of test data, and evaluation of these results.
- Works with TCRHCC Stakeholders in operational and organizational analysis to identify areas of needed improvement to ensure overall success.
- Demonstrates application functionality to appropriate personnel as requested.
- Works as an active member of the project team to adhere to project plans and statement of work documents related to the implementation of solutions.
- Functions as an analyst during the implementation phases of applications.
- Contributes to development of training plans and conducts training for users on applications. Participates in the execution of workflow-based test plans for upgrades and new software deployments.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize tickets based on impact and ability to respond based on impact to operations. Updates ticket categories accurately.
- Draft and oversee all technical documentation necessary to facilitate usage and adoption of applications, including user and administrative guides; routinely review documentation to ensure accuracy.
- Participates in daily stand-up discussions to share knowledge, to initiate help with issues that are presenting a challenge, etc.
- Assist in identification and design of automated processes to increase testing efficiency and reliability.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills.
- Completes all electronic health record entries accurately and timely.
- Participates in departmental workflow and or testing teams as related to electronic health or other project initiatives.
- Performs other similar or related duties as required or directed by immediate leadership.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to sit at desk for long periods of time, write legibly and use a computer terminal; must be able to hear and talk over the telephone and in person with others; must be able to carry items that weigh up to 25 lbs., such as IT hardware, computer terminals, and printers.
Must be able to prioritize, use good judgment, and be able to coordinate a variety of issues while being frequently interrupted.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration, Information Systems or a Clinical related discipline.
- Must have four (4) years of experience working within a healthcare delivery system, supporting departmental and enterprise EHR platform applications.
- Must have 1 year of experience working with workflows, test scripts, test scenarios, testing tools.
Other Skills and Abilities:
A record of satisfactory performance in all prior and current employment as evidenced by positive employment references from previous and current employers. All employment references must address and indicate success in each one of the following areas:
- Positive working relationships with others
- Reliable and dependable; reports to work as scheduled without excessive absences.
- Possession of high ethical standards and no history of complaints.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in an agile, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language; at times simultaneously
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities using good project management skills
- Highly self-motivated and keen attention to detail
- Proven track record of strong customer service orientation
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Performs a variety of task and may lead and direct the work of others
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude and works independently; provides detailed reports to Supervisor/Manager