Department: CNS Engineering
Location: 710 North Drive, Melbourne, FL 32934
Avidyne Corporation is leveraging its market-leader position in the design and manufacturing of integrated avionics systems to develop cutting-edge technology for emerging electric vertical lift aircraft, autonomous air cargo delivery and simplified operation vehicles. We have a 27-year history of developing a full line of communication, navigation, flight displays, surveillance, and flight control systems. Avidyne is headquartered in Melbourne, FL and operates two other facilities in Concord, MA and Westerville, OH.
The Electrical Engineer is a key member of the Avidyne Hardware Engineering Team, a multidisciplinary, tight-knit group of engineers and technicians who develop and support Avidyne's wide array of products and projects. Each member of the team is required to both specialize in their field and cross-train in other disciplines.
This position is available immediately for a self-motivated, highly dynamic individual with excellent electrical design skills. The Electrical Engineer is primarily responsible for design, development, modification, and evaluation of electrical circuits, components, and systems for prototyping, schematic capture, verification, validation, qualification, and lifecycle support. Secondary responsibilities may include training less senior engineers, participating in peer design reviews, supporting manufacturing, troubleshooting field issues, and occasional test software development. The ideal candidate will have strong circuit design skills and experience designing robust onboard electronics in a highly regulated industry.
- Design and test digital processor circuits to interface with pressure sensors, magnetometers, gyros, accelerometers and other sensors.
- Planning of system architectures including functional partitions and interfaces.
- Technology selections and documentation of detailed device specifications.
- Integration of mechanical and electrical components into a PCB.
- Writing requirements, specifications, and verification tests of system hardware.
- Design, fabricate, and test CPU, GPU, Data-bus, memory, and FPGA interfaces.
- Manufacturing and field problem resolution.
- Component engineering, lifecycle support, and continuous product improvement.
- To work as part of a team helping support the technical efforts of other engineers, designers, technicians, and departments.
- Application of professional ethics and judgement in developing safety of flight/life critical equipment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Circuit Design and Simulation experience.
- Experience with serial communication busses (CAN, RS422, RS485, A429, etc.).
- Experience designing embedded systems that include: microprocessors, memory, programmable logic, RF, mixed signal, analog, and general purpose electrical circuits.
- Experience with switching DC power supply design and troubleshooting.
- Experience with digital, analog, and RF test equipment.
- Extensive experience with schematic capture software (Altium, Cadence, etc.).
- Knowledge of modern PCB production technologies and methods.
Education & Experience:
- BSEE from an ABET accredited engineering program.
- Experience as an Electrical Engineer designing robust, embedded electronic systems.
Other Desirable Experience:
- RF Circuit Design
- Altium Designer Training/Experience
- Experience in the design of highly reliability, safety critical equipment (i.e., military, avionics, clinical-medical or similar devices)
- Familiarity with Environmental Testing (i.e., MIL-STD-810 or DO-160)
- Experience developing test software in LabView
- Pilot's license, flight training, or familiarity with general aviation
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
Avidyne provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, genetic information, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, family care status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability, medical condition, or with respect to any other protected class.