|The Center for Policing Equity (CPE) produces analyses identifying the causes of racial disparities in law enforcement and advocates for large-scale and meaningful change. Using evidence-based approaches to social justice, we use data to create levers for social, cultural and policy change.
We are research scientists, race and equity experts, data virtuosos, and community trainers. We use data to build a more fair and just system. We partner with law enforcement and communities. Our aim is to bridge the divide of communication, generational mistrust, and suffering. But most of all, we are the path that science can forge towards public safety, community trust, and racial equity.
Remote; Part-Time Contract
About the Position
CPE is looking for a skilled Project Manager for a part-time, contract position supporting its Justice Initiatives (JI) portfolio. The Project Manager will leverage their background in project management, risk assessment, and measurement & evaluation to assist the leaders of JI, primarily the Deputy SVP of Justice Initiatives, in scoping, vetting, and evaluating new opportunities for the portfolio.
This role is expected to work 10-20 hours per week for a term of 3 months, with possible renewal/extension depending on need and performance. The Project Manager for Justice Initiatives will report to the SVP of Program Management, who leads a centralized team of Project and Program Managers distributed throughout the organization to provide PM support to their assigned division, but will spend most active work time as a thought partner to the Deputy SVP of Justice Initiatives in strategic planning for the portfolio’s future products and services.
About CPE’s Justice Initiatives Portfolio
The Justice Initiatives Portfolio is a collection of teams that produce and deliver data-driven interventions to law enforcement agencies looking to understand and eliminate the racial disparities in their data. The portfolio is composed of multiple teams working to recruit CPE’s law enforcement partners, collect law enforcement data, produce reports analyzing racial disparities, provide recommendations and technical assistance to law enforcement partners, coordinate efforts with CPE’s Community and Legislative Engagement teams, and develop new data-driven interventions for the future.
- Project Management: Help the SVP of Justice Initiatives assess new opportunities for the portfolio against a backdrop of a rapidly changing landscape, including: intake of new opportunities from inside and outside of CPE; creation of project plans for evaluating the potential value of those opportunities to the organization and mission; and production of proposals/presentations summarizing the opportunity to the Senior Leadership team and other key stakeholders
- Risk Management: Proactively identify risks to the brand and/or to the success of the new opportunities if they were to be accepted
- Stakeholder Engagement: Clearly distill and communicate complex ideas into easy-to-understand language, for diverse audiences including org executives, staff, and external partners
- Bachelor’s degree / 5+ years of Project or Program Management experience
- Demonstrated experience with a variety of project management methodologies and tools
- Ability to quickly adapt and apply new project management tools and processes to a growing organization
- Exceedingly strong communication skills (both written and verbal), with a passion for distilling complex ideas into language that is easy to understand
- Be a strong team player, assisting the overall team and peers to achieve success
Application Submission Guidelines
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. To apply, please submit the following materials: