You are strategic and discerning. You are a natural leader and a problem-solver, and you are highly motivated when your work has deep, meaningful impact. At Grand Casino your challenge is to manage and grow an innovative team that will nationally scale Grand Casino. The work you do, will enrich and build the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe, who take pride in their communities and seeing the growth and develop.
As Grand Casino’s VP of Operations, you will be at the helm of the organization’s core development. We are looking for a leader who has experience in sustainably growing business while maintaining the integrity and support operations with our businesses.
We look for the following when evaluating new teammates:
Culture fit: You love our ambitious, spirited culture that is passionate about redeeming lives and restoring Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe communities. You strive to display heart, empathy, and resolve in our daily interactions.
Organizational aptitude: You are a strong project and people manager, capable of driving multiple work streams and stakeholders toward deadlines and juggling priorities in a dynamic environment.
Execution machine: You thrive under pressure, consistently meeting expectations and commitments on tight deadlines, all while managing a variety of tasks and relationships in an efficient and meticulous manner. You lead through our values, while energizing people.
The VP of Operations will lead a team of functional leaders in 1) developing and deploying an effective operations strategy and ensuring organizational alignment, 2) providing and developing facilities, and security to create a competitive advantage, 3) providing strong leadership to the operations team with a heavy emphasis on employee involvement and team building.
This position will head of capex planning for building maintenance, Security and Safety for the buildings and Risk.
The position will need to be innovative, motivated, forward thinking, and detail oriented. They will have a connection with major projects as they will spearhead for the properties. They will also work with our Insurance vendor/ GRA/ County Agencies on all regulatory matters.
- Oversees the successful completion of all internal and external audits and inspections, including those conducted by the MLCV, client staff, and by provincial and federal regulatory agencies.
- Ensure security awareness and training is conducted in the region for proper identification, assessment, and elimination of risks or threats of a security incident; ensure that all security incidents are properly reported and investigated.
- Managing all budgetary items for the designated portfolio including OPEX reconciliations and CAPEX budgets.
- Develop an annual business plan and implement it throughout the department with quarterly metrics.
- Take ownership for all departmental operating policies and procedures in relation to property management, accounting, and maintenance.
- Perform audits to ensure each facility is in compliance with Life-Safety, OSHA, State Fire Marshall, and Department of Health regulations.
- Emergency Preparedness and Safety Management-Responsible for implementing changes to policies and procedures and ensuring that each facility’s program is effective.
- Responsible for the creation of scope and budgets for all capital improvements to ensure ordering of proper material/supplies/equipment. Ability to review and sign- off on all invoicing.
- Responsible for maintaining relationships with vendors that ensure Grand Casinos is at the leading edge of technology and customer service.
- Ensure training for Security and Environmental staff and collaborate with Talent to develop and conduct specialized training as needed to meet company standards.
- Ensures compliance with MLCV standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, OSHA, safety, complete and on-time delivery at the lowest possible cost, and company policies.
- Dedicates appropriate staff and equipment to ensure passing inspections conducted by outside sources in all areas.
- Ensure that all standards of cleanliness and maintenance are consistently met throughout Grand Casino C. Also ensures proper usage of chemicals and cleaning supplies by monitoring usage, providing complete training for team members and ensuring proper labeling of hazardous supplies in accordance with federal, state, local, and enterprise regulations.
- Prioritize a culture of safety and ensure ongoing communication of safety related priorities; champion process improvements with a focus on elimination of preventable workplace incidents.
- Oversees operations budget to ensure compliance with organizational expenditure requirements.
- Builds, develops and manages operations leaders capable of carrying out needed operations strategies and improving Associate relations.
- Leveraging the potential of Associate involvement is key responsibility.
- Identifies and proactively raises casino issues and trends; recommends alternatives for improved effectiveness.
- Promotes a safe workplace by compliance to safety regulations, implementing safety programs, conducting audits, tracking performance and setting and executing operational goals for yoy improvements in performance.
- Develop and grow strong cross-functional relationships to ensure the achievement of department and site
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Facilities, Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years progressive Operations/Administrations/Facilities/Security experience.
- Work history to include a minimum of 8 years leadership experience.
- Demonstrated significant experience in building, managing, mentoring, and inspiring a cross functional team.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills coupled with strong business acumen.
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings, contracts, leases, security & work letters.
- Able to prepare & understand project financial models & cost analysis.
- Ability to make difficult decisions and influence stakeholders.
- Can articulate what great casino operation looks like.
- Strong leadership and communication skills and team management, minimum of seven years of leadership experience in marketing related field required, or successful completion of a related company approved development placement program.
- MBA or master’s in related field (Business, Leadership).
- Must be able to secure license from Gaming Regulatory Authority.
- Mille Lacs Band Member and American Indian preference will be exercised in the hiring process.
- Ok with environment with second-hand cigarette/cigar smoke.