BorgWarner is a global product leader in powertrain solutions. We focus on developing leading powertrain Technologies that improve fuel economy, emissions and performance of propulsion systems: Combustion, Hybrid, and Electric
BorgWarner is currently looking for a “dynamic, results driven” individual to join us as an OES Account Manager in Troy, MI.
- To maintain a structured record of all part numbers sold to customers and related commercial and operational data, in support of effective and efficient business operation
- Define business development opportunities and the associated strategy and tactics to achieve annual business development targets
- Drive resolution and ensure functional ownership for product supply and introduction issues, in order to meet customer requirements
- Monitor and track customer sales performance on a monthly basis and provide short and long term sales forecasts
- Critically assess current business processes, propose and present improvements and efficiencies with related execution plan
- To achieve sales targets by realizing current business and identifying new business opportunities, related to Delphi OE business and conquest sales including test equipment, reman and all-makes opportunities.
- To represent the Voice of the Customer within all Delphi divisions/organizations, ensuring business focus and escalation of customer issues as appropriate. Responsibilities include maintaining Customer Master documentation as well as monthly Customer Scorecards shared at SPVQC reviews.
- To work closely with the OE sales team to ensure visibility of all new business pursuits and OES interests are protected. Also to work on product lifecycle management to provide seamless end of production and service life continuity and to ensure OES profitability is maintained.
Education and Experience:
- The successful candidate will have the ability to build equitable and progressive relationships at all levels of the customer and Delphi organizations.
- You must possess a customer focused approach and the determination and drive to exceed customer expectations.
- You will be able to analyze customer performance and market opportunities to build strategic customer plans in support of the development and achievement of sales budgets.
- You must possess a structured approach to business and thrive in a process driven environment, yet retain entrepreneurial spirit and commercial acumen.
- You will be an effective communicator at all levels of the business, resilient with the determination and confidence to execute plans at an operational level.
- Good analytical skills, experience in Tier 1 automotive and/or commercial vehicle market, and being a skilled negotiator are essential.
- Learning on the Fly
- Action Oriented
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Decision Quality
This position will adhere to Global Star Safety Program, including safety rules, practices and training as outlined in the BorgWarner Safety Policy Manual, which includes the use of equipment, protective devices, or clothing that the employer requires. This individual will work in manners that stress the importance of preventing accidents and illnesses. He/she must take every precaution reasonable in the given circumstance for the protection of themselves and co-workers. In addition, he/she is responsible for reporting all injuries and/or possible dangerous situations, incidents, or occurrences to the immediate supervisor.
Equal Employer Opportunity Statement
BorgWarner is an equal employment opportunity employer such that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.