Ensure that Child Health and Development Services, Child Health and Safety Performance Standards are met in Head Start/ Early Head Start.
1. Provide on-going support and technical assistance to staff and families in all areas of health and safety. Coordinate and/or provide education and training.
2. Coordinate and provide health screenings to ensure that necessary referrals to appropriate outside agencies are made and follow-up services provided. Maintain required certifications related to the provision of health screenings.
3. Assist Health Services Manager in establishing and implementing policies and procedures which support children with medical needs in the classroom environment, respond to medical and dental emergencies, address short-term exclusion and administration of medication, guarantee that safe practices are followed to prevent injuries and to comply with sanitation and hygiene requirements.
4. Monitor all documentation related to supporting children with medical needs in the classroom environment and the administration of medication.
5. Develop health education materials and educate parents, teachers and children in person on a regular basis.
6. Assist Health Services Manager in consulting and establishing relationships with health and dental providers including securing representation on HSAC committee. Secure contracts with the providers and other appropriate community organizations to provide services to children and/or families.
7. Coordinate dental services and ensure follow-up services are provided.
8. Provide on-going health training including medication administration, universal precautions and handwashing as needed; provide health-related training to teachers throughout the year and during preservice.
9. Provide and/or coordinate training for staff related to the individual health needs of children in their care; such as serving children with asthma, diabetes and seizure disorders.
10. Review health and nutrition questionnaires within 90 days for all HS/EHS files and determine need for follow-up.
11. Submit request for needed health supplies to Health Services Manager.
12. Work with staff to ensure all health screenings are completed within 45/90 days of enrollment.
13. Track and monitor health screenings & events for assigned centers for compliance.
14. Monitor accident and illness trends in centers and provide training as needed based on results.
15. Participate in case management meetings and file reviews for assigned center.
16. Assist with summer screenings at assigned centers.
17. Establish and maintain community partnerships in order to provide additional resources/services to staff and families.
18. Work with Health Services Manager and facilitate Health Services Advisory Committee (HSAC) meetings.
19. Assist in health and nutrition initiatives within the agency.
20. Support the implementation of the University Practicum Student program within the Head Start programs.
21. Assist with Program Information Report (PIR) data at the close of each school year.
22. Support ECS staff with maintaining CPR compliance as requested.
23. All other duties as requested to maintain the success of ECS.
(These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other related marginal duties as required.)
· This position reports to the Health Services Manager.