Are you a clinical leader looking for a great opportunity??
Do you enjoy training and helping others??
Then look no further…...
Community First Health Centers is currently looking for a Lead Medical Assistant to join our New Haven medical facility. The candidate for this role will be a vital part of the clinic care team focused on delivering and training of comprehensive, quality care, patient education, patient flow and leading by example to ensure a professional, positive, team-oriented work environment.
Under the supervision of the Medical Clinic Practice Manager, you'll support the medical clinic operations by rooming patients, taking vitals, administering injections and training. This position will be located out of our New Haven, MI medical facility located at 58144 Gratiot Avenue.
Daily responsibilities of our Lead Medical Assistant may include:
• Greet and room patient(s)
• Manage supplies of patient rooms
• Chart tracking of all records using an electronic medical records (EMR) system & MCIR
• Conduct daily patient education and distribution of educational materials
• Administering injections & immunizations
• Autoclave/sterilize and maintain all instruments
• Practice infection control standards at all times
• Perform basic lab/x-ray procedures as necessary
• Conduct patient referrals and pre-authorizations as directed
• Assist physician with all processes and procedures
• Assist in orientation and education of new Medical Assistant staff using standard CFHC education material and timeline, complete all MA competency assessments
• Roll out of new clinical processes within assigned clinic
• Maintain and monitor MCIR/VFC inventory and ordering according to Community First Health Center formulary, manage vaccine storage per VFC program requirements
• Monitor and order medical supply inventory
• Train new staff and assist in implementation\education of providers\staff for new\changed process as requested for effective utilization of EMR for tracking and documenting purposes
• Assists with clinical streamlining of EHR as requested
• Assists with QA\QI audits and report generation as requested
• Attend and participate in required continuing education, meeting(s) and in-service(s) as required
• Other duties as assigned
This is a Full Time – 40 hours per week position.
Hours will be gained Monday thru Friday between the hours of 830a – 5pm.
Your schedule will also include a weekly late night until 7pm and rotating Saturday; 830a-12p.
Currently we are also offering a sign on bonus of $1000 for this position!!!
Why work for Community First Health Centers?
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including;
• Bi-Weekly Competitive Pay
• Excellent Health Insurance through Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Michigan with low biweekly premiums and no exposure to a deductible, coinsurance or copays
• Dental Coverage provided through Delta Dental of Michigan
• Vision Coverage provided through VSP Vision
• 100% Company Paid Short Term Disability Coverage, Long Term Disability Coverage, Life Insurance & AD&D Insurance
• Buy Up Option for Life & AD&D Insurance with guaranteed issue amount that negates underwriting
• 403(b) Thrift Savings Plan; 2% (up to 7%) annual salary employer contribution whether you participate or not!
• Generous Holiday, Vacation and Personal time
• Professional growth opportunities/cross training
• Employee Recognition and Assistance Programs
Community First Health Centers: Improving the quality of life for our community!!