The Account Manager is located in either Southborough, Massachusetts or Auburn Hills, Michigan and is responsible for implementing comprehensive customer strategies for their assigned accounts, new prospects and leads.
While coordinating with cross-functional departments within the business unit, the Account Manager owns the customer strategy and is accountable for the growth, profitability and customer satisfaction of their assigned accounts in Battery and Charging Station market.
As the first point of contact with the customer, you will make an impact in our team and with our Clients by bringing your positive attitude, strategic thinking and innovative approach toward communications and presentations. You will also take a leadership role in coordination of new business quotations.
KEY EXPERIENCE AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Sales functional lead for BorgWarner Morse Systems North America for the assigned customer account, as well new business.
- Oversee sales and commercial management for customer programs of the assigned customer accounts.
- Drive cross-functional alignment for customer strategies with functions like Engineering, Finance, Program management, Manufacturing, Purchasing and Quality.
- Lead the development and deployment of comprehensive customer business acquisition strategies that improve the profitability and long-term growth of the business unit's systems.
- Develops (with input from cross-functional teams) and deploys comprehensive customer strategies that set and improve the profitability and growth and message client strategy, goals and opportunities.
- Develop and deploy pricing strategies around market complexities and product leadership premiums required to win the business.
- Identify and lead pursuit of new business opportunities at assigned customers with existing products or new products for continued new business growth and meet sales objectives.
- Build strong rapport with the key decision makers and influencers, developing coaches and sponsors as necessary.
- Lead and develop the market expansion and sales pursuit strategy for the Hybrid and Electric vehicle business which is part of the important propulsion system strategy.
- Serve as the Global Sales champion to capture the Voice of Customer coordinating with the regional Sales leaders globally and integrate into the market expansion plan and sales pursuit strategy for Hybrid and Electric Vehicle initiative.
- Identify, articulate and communicate key trends pertaining to Hybrid and Electric Vehicle market dynamics that has influence the development of the market expansion and sales pursuit strategy for the business unit.
- Provide key recommendations for product portfolio management of this market segment to management leadership team involving our product line strategy and business leadership.
- Responsible for total customer satisfaction, monitoring Morse Systems performance on key supplier metrics in the key areas of Cost, Quality, Delivery and overseeing corrective action plans as appropriate at all the levels of the organization.
- Articulate a clear understanding of our global industry market trends, competitor position & strategies, and customer development trends and direct relevant information to the appropriate functional teams for consolidation in forecast and market sensing processes.
- Negotiate product pricing and commercial recovery strategies for all commercially related events ensuring a favorable outcome for BorgWarner.
- Support the management and maintenance of Morse Systems teams, showing adherence to the sales process, process improvements and account information management.
- Complies with contract review procedures and BW commercial policies.
- Responsible for key financial oversite, utilizing these financial tools (Incremental Margins, Quotes, ARs, Capital Plan, ERM)
- Strategic planning leadership using long rang planning, growth modeling and ERM.
- Continuous business growth is a major goal; commercial improvement and contract management are key aspects of this role.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree (commercial/technical preferred).
- 6+ years experience with 2-5 years’ experience in Engineering or Technical Sales, preferred.
- Previous automotive experience.
- Technical background/Basic knowledge including: Hybrid and BEV Architectures: DC Energy Storage Systems and BMS Types/Architectures; Battery Charging Technologies and Architectures
- Possess in-depth knowledge of our products and services gained through experience and training.
- Demonstrated, strong negotiation ability.
- Previous new business acquisition and development.
- Previous experience chairing or acting as a member of projects and/or taskforces.
- Fluent in English. Second language is a value added.
BorgWarner is an equal employment opportunity employer such that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
This position will adhere to Global Star Safety Program, including safety rules, practices and training as outlined in the BorgWarner PTC Safety Policy Manual, which includes the use of equipment, protective devices, or clothing that the employer requires. This individual will work in manners that stress the importance of preventing accidents and illnesses. He/she must take every precaution reasonable in the given circumstance for the protection of themselves and coworkers. In addition, he/she is responsible for reporting all injuries and/or possible dangerous situations, incidents, or occurrences to the immediate supervisor.
- Conflict Management
- Customer Focus
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Motivating Others
- Process Management
- Drive for Results
- Strategic Agility