|The Center for Policing Equity (CPE) produces analyses identifying the causes of racial disparities in law enforcement and advocates for large-scale and meaningful change. Using evidence-based approaches to social justice, we use data to create levers for social, cultural and policy change.
We are research scientists, race and equity experts, data virtuosos, and community trainers. We use data to build a more fair and just system. We partner with law enforcement and communities. Our aim is to bridge the divide of communication, generational mistrust, and suffering. But most of all, we are the path that science can forge towards public safety, community trust, and racial equity.
Washington, DC or New Haven, CT preferred (remote considered for the right candidate)
About the Program Management Office
CPE recognizes project management as a core function of the organization; in 2019, we established a Program Management Office (PMO) to evolve, promote, and enforce CPE’s standards for project management. The PMO itself is a centralized team of Project and Program Managers distributed throughout the organization to provide PM support to their assigned division -- so the Science Program Manager is situated within the PMO and supported by a team of professionals of the same discipline, but most of their active time is spent in direct collaboration with the members of the Science program.
About CPE’s Science Program
The Science Program is responsible for producing innovative, high-quality research at the intersection of race and public safety, with a focus on policing. This interdisciplinary team of scientists, which is based at CPE’s own 501(c)3 and also at our research lab at Yale University, focuses on work to be published in top-tier academic journals as well as large-scale media outlets (e.g., New York Times, Vox), with the primary goal of using data and analysis to educate the public, inform policy decisions, and deepen the field of scientific literature dedicated to racial equity through the lens of public safety.
CPE is looking for a skilled Program Manager with a passion for social justice. The Program Manager will leverage their background in project management, stakeholder engagement, and change management to help scale the Science program’s work, drive efficiency, and build cohesion and collaboration across a diverse, geographically distributed team. This position also serves as a point of contact for several internal and external stakeholders, including university-based research partners and administrators.
This role reports to the Senior Vice President of Program Management, and collaborates closely with the Vice President of Science, who owns the roadmap and strategic priorities of the Science program.
- Project Management: Plan and manage multiple related projects of varying scope/complexity while meeting deadlines
- Risk Management: Proactively identify risks to the program’s success, and work with teams and org leadership to mitigate these risks before they become issues
- Stakeholder Engagement: Clear communication and distillation of complex ideas into easy-to-understand language, for diverse audiences including org executives, junior staff, and external partners
- Process Evolution and Change Management: Work with the PMO to develop, enforce, and improve established processes, tools, standards, and documentation needed to successfully execute strategic initiatives across the program
- Bachelor's degree / 5+ years of Project or Program Management experience
- Demonstrated experience with a variety of project management methodologies and tools
- Ability to quickly adapt and apply new project management tools and processes to a growing organization
- Exceedingly strong communication skills (both written and verbal), with a passion for distilling complex ideas into language that is easy to understand
- Be a strong team player, assisting the overall team and peers to achieve success
Application Submission Guidelines
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. To apply, please submit the following materials: