Associate Wealth Advisor
South San Francisco Branch - South San Francisco, CA
- Are you passionate about helping people prepare financially for their future?
- Do you possess a broad knowledge of financial products and services?
- Would you like to work at a multi-faceted, dynamic organization that thrives on teamwork and collaboration?
If so, we’d love to talk with you about San Mateo Credit Union’s Associate Wealth Advisor Position!
Located in the heart of the Bay Area, San Mateo Credit Union is a community-centric and growth-orientated organization that is one of the most unique and special providers of financial products, services and education in the area. We recently surpassed $1 billion in assets and are experiencing record-breaking performance results. Our future is bright with promise!
The Associate Wealth Advisor position is a career development role in the Wealth Management division of SMCU through CUSO Financial Services, L.P. (CFS). This role will provide support to the Wealth Advisors and will help build member relationships. Also responsible for support and coordination of activities related to client services, processing of paperwork and coordination of business development activities.
Under the direction of the Director of Wealth Advisory Services and the Program Manager, maintains an appropriate level of discretion and confidentiality while providing sales support and service to members. Works with Wealth Advisors in assigning the servicing and transitioning of “B” and “C” client base. Conducts regularly scheduled reviews with assigned clients to monitor client progress toward client’s goals. Duties include operations and administrative tasks, as well as client management activities.
- Accountable for sales support of the Wealth Advisors, which includes timely follow-up of staff-submitted member referrals, setting appointments, supporting with case design, data input, lead generation, paperwork follow-up, etc.
- Handles routine customer inquiries; effectively works with the back-office support personnel at vendors and broker-dealer to ensure a high degree of quality service and customer satisfaction. Reports specific problems to Program Manager on an as needed basis.
- Proactively makes outbound calls to existing clients from Advisor’s book of business, encouraging them to come in for an annual review.
- Conducts annual review meetings.
- Coordinates projects, prepare reports and financial data, as needed.
- Supports with completing necessary paperwork under the guidance and support of Advisors.
- Assists with investment and credit union integration and business development initiatives (e.g., branch and call center training, seminars, branch focus days, etc.).
- Maintains knowledge and stay abreast of developments in the financial industry, business, finance and economic theory.
- Builds and creates relationships with vendors, managers, employees and others having business with the Investment department
- Follow the rules and regulations set forth by your Program Manager, FINRA, SEC and the Credit Union’s broker/dealer.
- Must comply with all company policies and procedures, applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, Office of Foreign Assets Control and Customer Identification Program.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to accommodate individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of the job, employee may be required to use frequent physical activities include sitting, standing, reaching, walking, talking, bending, and constant use of hands.
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 5 pounds.
- Employee must occasionally work before/after the regular work shift.
- These activities are not necessarily performed to the same degree and combination every day.
SMCU reflects the value placed on employees by providing the following impressive benefits in addition to competitive salary:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Long-Term Disability Insurances!
- 401(k) including generous matching contributions!
- Semi-annual bonuses for meeting key financial and operational goals!
- Discounts on financial products and services, including loans!
- Paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and much more!
Apply Now for Consideration!
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related field
- Licenses and Registrations: FINRA Series 7, 63, 65 or 66 (preferred but not required). Life, Accident, Health & Insurance licenses (preferred but not required). Clean U-4.
- Two years of experience in the financial services industry is preferred.
- Excellent customer service, communication skills and presentation skills
- Great organization and management skills
- Professional, well-developed oral, written and interpersonal skills necessary for communicating with members, visitors, callers, vendors and co-workers.
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Exhibits strengths in the areas of: Ethics, Corporate Values, Dependability, Initiative & Teamwork