Trump Winery is seeking a Cellar Worker to join its exceptional lineup of winemaking professionals. Under the supervision of the Winemaker and Assistant Winemaker, Cellar Workers are responsible for the processing of freshly harvested grapes, cellar, barrel, and tank operations, bottling sparkling and still wines, equipment and facility sanitation, and more. If you are looking to join a growing team in a burgeoning industry, apply now!
Title: Cellar Worker
Location: Trump Winery, 20 minutes south of Downtown Charlottesville
Pay: $13.00 to $18.00/hourly DOE
Hours: 8AM to 4:30PM, some flexibility in schedule needed
Benefits: Affordable medical, dental, and vision insurance, PTO (paid vacation, sick days, and holidays), 401k eligibility after one year, generous employee discount, travel discounts at Trump Hotels, educational opportunities, paid volunteer days, and more
- With direct supervision, complete work assignment and work orders received from the Winemaker and Assistant Winemaker
- Transfer, rack, and blend wines as needed
- Gas head space on partial tanks as needed and top barrels monthly
- Responsible for sanitation of cellar area, equipment tanks, and barrels
- Sample tanks as needed
- Assist with filtration and bottling
- Assist in set-up and clean-up activities, including hosing down floors, and storing bottling packaging materials, etc.
- Perform all aspects of seasonal harvest-related work as assigned. Seasonal harvest duties include pump overs, punch-downs, racking tanks, operating sorting equipment
- Move and organize inventory
- Filter operation; pressure leaf, and membrane filters
- Pump operation
- Ability to work long hours and/or seven days a week during critical times.
- Ability to push, pull, carry, and lift up to 70 pounds.
- Ability to frequently bend over, kneel, twist, reach over head, climb stairs, ladders, and walks on varied surfaces (paved, inclined, uneven, etc)
- Ability to regularly use close, distance, color, and peripheral vision as well as depth perception. Ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work with others and/or independently
- Ability to walk on surfaces on a frequent basis
- Problem solving skiills, reasoning, and ability to "think outside the box"
- Sufficient manual dexterity to operate cellar equipment including, but not limited to, forklifts, hoses, etc.
- Must be able to perform all job functions in strict adherence to company health and safety protocols and in accordance with quality control standards and standard equipment operating procedures
See why we’ve been named “one of the best places to work in Charlottesville”. We offer:
- Competitive pay
- 80% company paid medical premium with only a $1,000 deductible
- 80% company paid dental premium
- 80% company paid vision premium
- Vacation, sick, and holiday pay
- Generous discounts on wine, merchandise, and hotels
- Wine training opportunities
- Two paid team volunteer days per year
Trump Winery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other categories protected by federal, state, and local law.
Trump Winery participates in the E-Verify Program (Identity and Employment Eligibility Verification) and uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
Este Empleador participa en E-Verify (Verificación de Documentos de Identidad y Elegibilidad de Empleo).