BorgWarner is a global product leader in powertrain solutions. We focus on developing leading powertrain Technologies that improve fuel economy, emissions and performance of propulsion systems: Combustion, Hybrid, and Electric
BorgWarner is currently looking for a 'dynamic, results driven' individual to join us as a Validation Test Development Engineer at our Kokomo Technical Center located in Kokomo, Indiana.
- Design of automated test systems, hardware and software.
- Utilize National Instruments PXI based hardware and software systems for tester development
- Application of said test systems for Gas and Diesel automotive engine controller applications
- Applications of said test systems for Hybrid Vehicle and Electric Vehicle applications
- Manage the Validation Process activities during the product design cycle from product concept to production launch.
- Manage critical path timing issues to ensure on time test development completion.
- Responsible for requirements analysis.
- Develop validation test procedures using success based test methods, extended life test methods, test to failure test methods, and overstress test methods.
- Analysis of test data and comparison to requirements.
Education & Experience:
- Candidates must demonstrate strong professional and technical competence. They shall possess excellent oral and writen communication skills, be responsible and capable of self direction, have strong leadership skills driving self and organization to improve performance, be a team player, and display a high level of maturity. They should willingly accept challenges, be customer focused, possess excellent technical knowledge and skills, and be highly motivated.
- Familiarity with test equipment: i.e. DMM, ARB, Power Supply, oscilloscopes, generators, and etc.
- Proven ability to identify and solve complex engineering problems.
- Programming experience in C/C++, LabView, TestStand, and LabWindows. Microprocessor knowledge.
- Experienced in Excel VBA macro development.
- A strong working knowledge of computers, MS Office applications, and a drawing package such as Visio, Circad or etc. is required.
- General understanding of pneumatic switching systems and other types of pneumatic controls.
- Experience with basic circuit design.
- Learning on the Fly
- Action Oriented
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Decision Quality
This position will adhere to Global Star Safety Program, including safety rules, practices and training as outlined in the BorgWarner Safety Policy Manual, which includes the use of equipment, protective devices, or clothing that the employer requires. This individual will work in manners that stress the importance of preventing accidents and illnesses. He/she must take every precaution reasonable in the given circumstance for the protection of themselves and co-workers. In addition, he/she is responsible for reporting all injuries and/or possible dangerous situations, incidents, or occurrences to the immediate supervisor.
Equal Employer Opportunity Statement
BorgWarner is an equal employment opportunity employer such that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.