BorgWarner is a global product leader in powertrain solutions. We focus on developing leading powertrain Technologies that improve fuel economy, emissions and performance of propulsion systems: Combustion, Hybrid, and Electric
BorgWarner is currently looking for a “dynamic, results driven” individual to join us as Software Engineering Project Manager at our Kokomo Technical Center located in Kokomo, Indiana.
- Manage daily activities/schedules/customer commitments for embedded software project for automotive engine and transmission control modules.
- Facilitate daily stand-up meetings (AGILE) for software development
- Facilitate SW status meetings with customer
- Manage overall SW development schedule
- Creation of software release tags and sprints using JIRA
- Creation of Software Development Plans, Software Architecture Documentation, and other items required for conformance to the Automotive SPICE software development process.
- Manage team to analyze and derive software requirements, perform requirements analysis and document using database tool (Polarion), create design documentation, develop C code for embedded microprocessor applications used in engine and transmission control modules, develop Unit and Integration Test Cases, and perform functional HIL testing of SW on target hardware using debuggers and vehicle simulators.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- 7+ years' experience embedded in software engineering
- Knowledge of ASPICE and AGILE development processes, ISO26262 Functional Safety, and AUTOSAR concepts.
- Familiar with JIRA Sprint scheduling.
- Ability to understand electrical schematic diagrams.
- Familiar with Renesas, NXP, or AURIX microprocessors and target debuggers for embedded applications….i.e. Lauterbach.
- Fluent with use of generic test equipment such as oscilloscopes
- Learning on the Fly
- Action Oriented
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Decision Quality
This position will adhere to Global Star Safety Program, including safety rules, practices and training as outlined in the BorgWarner Safety Policy Manual, which includes the use of equipment, protective devices, or clothing that the employer requires. This individual will work in manners that stress the importance of preventing accidents and illnesses. He/she must take every precaution reasonable in the given circumstance for the protection of themselves and co-workers. In addition, he/she is responsible for reporting all injuries and/or possible dangerous situations, incidents, or occurrences to the immediate supervisor.
Equal Employer Opportunity Statement
BorgWarner is an equal employment opportunity employer such that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.