JOB SUMMARY: The Registered Nurse is responsible for the coordination of health services, conducting &/or supervising nursing assessments & plans of care. Will collaborate with Psychiatrist & all Team members to develop Rehabilitation/Recovery Plans.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Conduct quarterly nursing assessments & develops plans of care for all consumers in the Program. Assign duties to the CNA staff in accordance with the assessments & plans.
2. Plan & conduct &/or supervise the provision of health education classes on nutrition, exercise, disease management, medications, hygiene, smoking cessation and other health promoting classes.
3. Coordinate with primary care providers & specialists, ensure preventative as well as specialized medical services are provided on a regular basis, assign duties to the CNA's to assist consumers with these appointments and follow-up care.
4. In collaboration with the Housing Support Specialist, the psychiatrist & the consumer, the RN will actively participate in the Rehabilitation/Recovery Plan and assist with activities, which enable consumers to reach their goals.
5. Identify assistive devices &/or specialized medical equipment needed for individual consumers; work in collaboration with the Medical Provider and the Housing Support Specialist to ensure such equipment is procured.
6. Directs consumer medical care and acts as the ongoing point of contact for medical providers, community hospitals, psychiatrist and any other specialists involved in the consumers' care.
7. Work with all staff of the RIST team to provide life skill development & supportive counseling to RIST consumers
8. Train staff & consumers on the importance of the mind-body connection, how one affects the other & how to treat both simultaneously
9. Receives and reviews referrals for consumer evaluation and coordinates admission of consumers with members of the RIST team.
10. Responsible for training, implementation and oversight of all RIST medication policies and procedures.
11. Conducts periodic chart audits
12. Checks nursing team member documentation for accuracy and completeness prior to signing.
13.Assists the Program Director in the formulation, revision, implementation, and evaluation of policies and procedures.
14. With approval of the Program Director, develops a training schedule for nursing staff.
15. Responsible for nursing staff schedules.
16. With the Program Director, conduct performance evaluations and initiate disciplinary actions, as necessary.