Duties and Responsibilities
• Meets with Agency and coordinates services as require by contract and always with an eye toward exceeding expectations.
• Creates staff work schedules per labor budget, season, weather and activity levels. Utilize Core services team to optimize this schedule.
• Prepares annual operating budget and monitors progress of actual versus projected figures on a monthly basis. Investigates negative deviations and sets and monitors objectives to correct.
• Routinely inspects and ensures an above average appearance for all property areas.
• Understands and complies with government regulations pertaining to operation. This includes but is not limited to weights and measures, County Sheriff, OSHA, EPA and Labor Departments. Maintains a professional relationship with all agencies, contractors, vendors, and customers.
• Ensures the safety of guests and employees. Trains employees in the safe use of equipment including fire equipment and extinguishers. Understands and complies with Fire Prevention Program. Monitors physical facility on a daily basis to ensure proper safety environment. Maintains accurate and current OSHA records.
• Follows and ensures accurate accounting procedures including but not limited to controlling cash, closing and balancing cash registers, and processing credit card transactions, and overseeing payables and receivables. Reviews results in GL and Income Statements with analytical tools and provides precise variance reports to Regional VP.
• Ensures prompt, safe and courteous service to all guests. Resolves guest disputes in a diplomatic consistent manner as developed by management.
• Establishes capital expenditure budgets and secures competitive bids for all major purchases. Maintains subcontract controls as required by Concession Agreement and ensures the satisfactory performance of subs to commitments made.
• Be a willing member of Basecamp Hospitality, performing all duties and functions as assigned to the best of his/her ability.
Must have a clear background check
Must have a minimum five plus years as a Manager of a Outdoor Recreation/resort/hospitality property.
Must have a minimum five years managing a Marina.
Must have a minimum five years managing a Campground.
Must have a minimum five years managing a lodge.
• Must possess a valid Driver's License with a clean 3-year history and no DUI convictions in the past 10 years.
• Must be proficient in the use of standard MSOffice software including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Personal flexibility in terms of working weekdays, weekends, holidays and evenings seasonally as needed. During the peak season long hours will be necessary.
• Reliable transportation
• Bachelor's degree in hospitality/recreation field preferred
• Prefer recreation/resort/hospitality experience but will consider other property management experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Basecamp Hospitality is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
This position is currently not accepting applications.
To search for an open position, please go to http://TheCaliforniaParksCompany.appone.com