BorgWarner is a global product leader in powertrain solutions. We focus on developing leading powertrain Technologies that improve fuel economy, emissions and performance of propulsion systems: Combustion, Hybrid, and Electric
BorgWarner Morse Systems is currently looking for a “dynamic, results driven” individual to join as a Chief Manufacturing Engineer to join Morse Systems Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (AME) team. This position will be based out of North America. The AME team provides global engineering leadership around identification, development and deployment of new processes and/or equipment to manufacture and measure new and existing products.
In this role you will lead a Manufacturing Engineering team which works with cross functional teams comprised of Product Design, Program Management, Global Supply Chain and Plant Engineering to ensure production of new and existing product in conformance to the expectations of safety, quality, cost and customer objectives. You will facilitate localization into the appropriate global operations teams and provide global leadership in communication, implementation, coordination, and enforcement of the “Plan of Record” manufacturing strategies used to drive the Morse System growth plan.
You make an impact on our team through your leadership in engineering and project management, being results driven, having a keen attention to detail and follow-through.
- Drives result by leading the development of manufacturing processes and equipment concurrent with new product development insuring product performance specifications, cost targets, and timing are achieved.
- Partner with local Manufacturing Engineering teams to address, create or advise on new, unique, and difficult (NUDs) characteristics of our products and processes.
- Use financial and engineering data to develop optimized manufacturing equipment and processes and to develop costs estimates for business cases.
- Act as a leader, using sound decision skills, for global operations to optimize equipment utilization and reduce capital spending. Provide guidance and criteria to product design group, Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DFMA), relocating underutilized equipment, improving cycle time, scrap, capital/tooling designs and labor costs of existing equipment.
- Lead technical resource managin equipment and manufacturing process for customer program luanches. Shares lessons learned and best practices, and establishes global benchmarks in support of the operations.
- Agile learner and problem solver who is interested in manufacturing technologies projecting in the future for high volume production, accepting risk to lead in first time situation.
- Utilizes strong technical skills to act as a resource for our global supply team. May work in tandem to identify, develop or solve critical processing issues at the suppliers. Participates in Design for Value activities.
- Motivates others and acts as a point person for the local business unit. Provide technical, language/cultural and communication support between AME and the operation as required. Strong organizational ability to staff and manage a decentralized global engineering team.
- Identify, articulate and communicate key trends pertaining to manufacturing market dynamics that has influence in the development of the market expansion and our business unit.
- Action oriented and sound decision-making skills to provide key recommendations to management leadership team.
- Articulate industry trending and direct relevant information to key team members.
- Develops strong presentations that message strategy, goals, and opportunities.
- Experienced and capable in the development of organizational objectives/strategic plans.
- Provides direction and implements policy for staff. Strategic planning for product area or process. Identifies training needs for org. and plans for attainment. Provides input into strategic planning.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology, Industrial Engineering. Masters preferred.
- 12+ years of experience, preferable in automotive or automotive supplier industry, high volume industrial manufacturing operations.
- Solid understanding of Engineering financials.
- Working knowledge of vehicle system level components and functions is a plus.
- Strong functional and technical skills with ability to work in a cross functional global team.
- Recognized process expert with ability to convey/train knowledge to others.
- Good organizational skills including the ability to prioritize, handle multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
- Strong management skills to lead a global engineering organization as well as strong interpersonal savvy skills to influence the local teams associated with producing the product line.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Project Management software.
- Strong experience with data analysis and structured problem-solving techniques.
- Global experience working effectively with various cultures.
- Ability to travel internationally 50% of the time.
- Conflict Management
- Decision Quality
- Drive for Results
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Problem Solving
- Process Management
- Priority Setting
- Motivating Others
- Organizational Agility
This position will adhere to Global Star Safety Program, including safety rules, practices and training as outlined in the BorgWarner Safety Policy Manual, which includes the use of equipment, protective devices, or clothing that the employer requires. This individual will work in manners that stress the importance of preventing accidents and illnesses. He/she must take every precaution reasonable in the given circumstance for the protection of themselves and co-workers. In addition, he/she is responsible for reporting all injuries and/or possible dangerous situations, incidents, or occurrences to the immediate supervisor.
Equal Employer Opportunity Statement
BorgWarner is an equal employment opportunity employer such that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.