Responsible to assist in all operations and functions in the Slot Operations department, in alignment with the mission and objectives of the company, and in full accordance with all Federal, State and Tribal gaming regulations.
MEETING PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Responsibilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability needed to effectively execute this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
- Responsible for assisting the general management of Slot operations within the company.
- Assists with formulating and administering departmental policies and activities, and develops realistic short and long term goals and objectives for the department in alignment with those of the company.
- Reviews analyses of operations, costs, and forecast data to navigate the operational efficiency of gaming departments toward stated goals and objectives.
- Collaborates with Slots VP to review and approve as appropriate, recommendations and suggestions to hire, transfer, suspend, terminate, recall, promote, discharge, evaluate, assign, train, develop, reward or discipline all associates within the department, as necessary.
- Work closely with individual department managers to develop, implement and administer department budgets to meet financial goals and objectives.
- As directed, implements, designs, and monitors all gaming departments training programs and seminars, directed at developing and enhancing associate skills.
- Maintains strong working knowledge of Federal, State and Tribal gaming regulations, as well as Grand Casino’s internal controls, policies and practices.
- Develops and participates in special projects as requested.
- In absence of the Slots Vice President, the Slot Operations Manager will step in to ensure proper coverage and staffing levels, as well as initiate and maintain communication with fellow associates, management, and other departments in facilitating the flow of information throughout the property.
- Values based leader and active role model in living and teaching the MLCV Way
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to work through processes, identify and implement process improvements and resolve complex matters.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong organizational/prioritization skills with an ability to multi-task to manage multiple projects while maintain a close attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
- Self-starter with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess proven operational, interpersonal, project management, vendor management and leadership skills.
- Maintains an attitude and philosophy consistent with the company mission, vision and values.
- Displays a high level of maturity, discretion, tact, judgment and the ability to deal with confidential matters.