BorgWarner is a global product leader in powertrain solutions. We focus on developing leading powertrain Technologies that improve fuel economy, emissions and performance of propulsion systems: Combustion, Hybrid, and Electric
BorgWarner PowerDrive Systems is currently looking for a “dynamic, results driven” individual to join as an Indirect Material Buyer.
In this role, and under direct supervision of GSM Manager, the Indirect Material Buyer will be primarily responsible for contract administration of indirect materials, MRO, packaging, services, tooling and equipment for the Reynosa Manufacturing Plant. The Buyer will also assist in the management of commodity strategies designed to leverage BorgWarner’s collective purchasing power and maximize synergistic opportunities to optimize supplier performance, reduced total supply costs while meeting our technology expectations throughout the supply chain.
- General Purchasing
- Select, develops and manage supply base for existing production material
- Lead negotiations of basic supplier agreements
- Identify and mitigate supply chain risks
- Support global corporate purchasing activities
- Participate in purchasing related internal meetings, including making presentations to senior management
- Maintain spreadsheets containing supply base data
- Indirect Material Purchasing
- Manage existing indirect material supply contracts for Reynosa Manufacturing Plant.
- Negotiate changes within existing supply contracts for price and/or terms
- Establish new suppliers as necessary to supply unique site requirements
- Equipment, Tooling, and Services Purchasing
- Participate in supplier prequalification
- Preparation of Terms and Conditions for unique tool and equipment purchases for Reynosa Manufacturing Plant.
- Liaison to appropriate legal and core purchasing resources necessary for success
- Process and Procedure Maintenance
- Maintain proper compliance to corporate purchasing practices
- Trouble shoot purchasing system issues
- Maintain purchasing process documentation
- Participate and liaison to other purchasing agents at PTC, ETC and other PDS sites
- Work toward consistency, alignment, communication and adoption of best practices
- Conduct and participate in layered purchasing audits in prep for 3rd party reviews (ie. IATF TS16949)
- Create, maintain, and publish regular metrics to communicate overall team performance
- Conduct continuous improvement efforts, coordinate cost reduction efforts for Reynosa Manufacturing Plant.
- Up to 10%, both domestic and international
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline or equivalent experience preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in related field
- Capable of working in a team-based environment
- Professional interpersonal verbal and written communication required
- Must have organizational skills including the ability to prioritize, handle multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines
- Proficient with Microsoft office products — Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- BorgWarner Competencies:
- Learning on the Fly
- Action Oriented
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Decision Quality
This position will adhere to Global Star Safety Program, including safety rules, practices and training as outlined in the BorgWarner Safety Policy Manual, which includes the use of equipment, protective devices, or clothing that the employer requires. This individual will work in manners that stress the importance of preventing accidents and illnesses. He/she must take every precaution reasonable in the given circumstance for the protection of themselves and co-workers. In addition, he/she is responsible for reporting all injuries and/or possible dangerous situations, incidents, or occurrences to the immediate supervisor.
Equal Employer Opportunity Statement
BorgWarner is an equal employment opportunity employer such that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.