Full Time Pediatric LPN
Seeking a Full time LPN for a busy Pediatric office in North Riverdale in the Bronx. Position will be 35 hours per week, Pay rate will be $25 per hour, commensurate with experience.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Takes patients vital signs, height and weight, head circumference for infants, vision, hearing
· Assists physician, prepares and stocks exam rooms
· Assigns patients and physicians to exam rooms
· Prepares daily assignment for medical support staff
· Communicates with front desk staff as necessary
· Provides direct and individualized nursing care, dressing wounds and incisions as directed by physician
· Assists physicians during patient exam
· Prepares, administers and records medications in accordance with division policy and procedure as directed
· Maintains appropriate supply of medications, immunizations and general nursing supplies. Update vaccine inventory as needed.
· Performs various testing which may include but not limited to - spirometry, EKG, urinalysis, throat/nasal swabs for strep, flu, COVID and other viral tests.
· Triage phone calls answering basic questions and referring to physician when need arises.
· Records information concisely, accurately and completely in patient charts and/or on forms, etc
· Follow- up on diagnostic testing/lab results
· Ensure that test results are incorporated in patient chart
· Cleans and sterilizes equipment as necessary, calls prescriptions in to pharmacies
· Maintains strictest confidentiality of patient's records in accordance with BCHP policy and HIPAA regulations
· Ability to multi-task and set priorities accordingly.
· Other duties as necessary to ensure the smooth functioning of the office?.
· Familiarity with Electronic Medical Records is a must. Prior experience with NextGen is a plus.