The Warehouse Materials Handlers II will be responsible for shipping, receiving, and storing of merchandise properly and safely. This role will support a 2-man load or put-away team, process returns, receive in-bound shipments, operate RF devices, preform packing station processes, assist in training assigned Materials Handler I's, perform daily cycle count activities, load and unload carrier trailers and containers, and operate powered industrial equipment.
This role requires an Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) forklift certification. A successful candidate will be required to take the in-house certification class within thirty (30) days of start date. This role will work in our Jasper, IN or Springfield, MO warehouse. Candidates must have fixability to work nights & weekends between the hours of 8 AM and 12 O'clock midnight.
• Operate Powered Industrial Trucks (Forklifts, Order-Pickers, Pallet-jacks) to receive, pick, ship, and store product.
• Manually load and unload trailers, containers, bins locations, and other storage media with inventoried product, as directed by the supervisor.
• Support a 2-man load or put away team by moving product from a storage location to picking tote or allocated bin location by following RF Device instruction while performing transactions within the WMS.
• Process and inspect returned product using RealTruck inspection SOP's.
• Assist in training Materials Handler 1's as assigned to returns area for inspection activities, input data using WMS/ERP; prepare SKU for relocation of product.
• Assist in performing daily cycle counts, inventory moves or resets, annual physical inventories, stock transfers, and QA inspections of product.
• Receive and maintain appropriate levels of training in relation to employee handbook, computer operations, annual PCI training, email correspondence, powered industrial truck certification, safety team participation, open enrollment and ERP/WMS/RF Devices.
• Perform general warehouse maintenance activities which include cleaning floors, racking of product, emptying trash, recycling cardboard, outside common areas, and moving metal scrap.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
Education and Experience
• Minimum Age Requirement: Eighteen (18) Years Old.
• High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required.
• A minimum of one (1) to three (3) years' experience in a similar role is required.
• Three (1) years' experience working in an Ecommerce Distribution Center preferred, but not required.
• Obtain Powered Industrial Truck Operators Certification within the first 30-days of employee (RealTruck will provide training and certification).
• CPR and First-Aid Certification a plus.
Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge
• Advanced knowledge operating basic computer functions to include company e-mail, annual PCI training, and daily timecard processing.
• Advanced knowledge operating powered industrial trucks/equipment – Operator must not have any condition that would prevent them from working at elevated heights up to 16'
• Ability to follow safety procedures and follow OSHA guidelines.
• Demonstrate reliability and strong work ethic.
• Ability to read, write, and comprehend English.
• Ability to operate WMS and RF Devices.
• Ability to operate warehouse ERP functions.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers.
• Ability to interpret instructions.
• Travel is not required.
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
• Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Judgement – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
• Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Verbal Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
• This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
• This position is subject to very heavy work: Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
• This position is subject to the following physical activities: reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, and the use of hands, wrists or fingers in repetitive motions.
• The worker is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment.
• The worker is subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions, including heat, noise, vibration, and hazards from a warehouse-based environment.
This position is currently not accepting applications.
To search for an open position, please go to http://truxedo.appone.com