GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Client Lending and Portfolio Specialist will provide portfolio support for duties for the Vice President-Chief Lending Officer, Lending Relationship Manager and the Portfolio and Loan Manager. She/he will be responsible for delivering excellent service to both internal and external clients, will assist in the management of the Cornerstone Fund loan portfolio, provide assistance in sales and marketing as well as general administrative duties.
- Assist the Chief Lending Officer (CLO), the Lending Relationship Manager (LRM) and Portfolio and Loan Manager (PLM) with the closing of loans and modifications and overall portfolio management.
- Research and respond to routine to moderately complex inquiries from customers via phone, letter or e-mail;
- Provide a high level of customer service to clients;
- Generate routine to moderately complex correspondence including loan commitment letters, ensuring proper spelling and grammar;
- Research, prepare and process mortgage satisfactions and partial releases for paid off loans;
- Maintain accurate and orderly records and files;
- Track and collect post-closing loan documents including original recorded loan documents and title policies;
- Maintain loan document tracking report and other reports as assigned;
- Assist in obtaining and maintaining updated evidence of property insurance;
- Assist in preparation as assigned with payoff requests, statements, billing and general inquiries;
- Enter, retrieve and monitor data into loan system, ensuring its integrity;
- Validate loan information on system with documents in the loan file;
- Assist in processing payments, payoffs and payoff quotes;
- Assist in processing construction and line of credit draw requests;
- Assist in processing and closing loans as directed.
- Conduct credit analysis on loan or modification as directed by CLO;
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university preferred.
- One to two years of experience in a bank or lending setting and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of credit policies and standards and lending and lending policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of loan documentation and terminology;
- Knowledge of the fundamental concepts in loan processing, closing, servicing;
- Excellent proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of products with emphasis on spreadsheet and word processing capabilities;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Math aptitude;
- Excellent research and analysis skills;
- High level of organizational and detail skills;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines;
- Desire and sensitivity to work in diverse racial, ethnic, cultural and religious settings with commitment to pluralism in the workplace as well as in one understands of mission.
A temporary hybrid work schedule (remote and in office part days) will be required during COVID-19.
This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required for the position and are subject to review and change at any time in accordance with the needs of the UCC Cornerstone Fund. Since no job description can detail all duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a position, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a position shall also be considered part of the position holder’s responsibility.
It is expected that the person who holds this position will conduct themselves in a manner consistent with the policies of the UCC Cornerstone Fund Inc. and in a manner that will reflect positively on the organization. All staff are encouraged to nurture safety within the work performed on behalf of the UCC Cornerstone Fund by being attentive to self-care, education, maintaining appropriate boundaries, and the importance of referring those in need to supportive and helpful resources.
The United Church of Christ, National Setting celebrates diversity and an inclusive environment for all employees. We are committed to a workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the broad spectrum of our diverse society. We endeavor to recruit employees from backgrounds that vary by race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status. The UCC is a multicultural, multiracial, open and affirming, accessible to all, Equal Opportunity Employer.