Albemarle Estate is seeking a full-time Overnight Housekeeping & Guest Services Specialist for our boutique hotel. This position will consist of both housekeeping and guest services, with a primary focus on housekeeping. The purpose of this position is to ensure the cleanliness of rooms and public spaces, as well as an exceptional guest experience. This position reports directly to the Hotel Manager.
Title: Housekeeping & Guest Services Specialist
Location: Albemarle Estate at Trump Winery - 20 minutes south of Downtown Charlottesville
Shift: 11PM to 7AM, some weekends and holidays required
Wage: $13.50 to $15/hr + Excellent Benefits
Benefits: Affordable medical, dental, and vision insurance, PTO (paid vacation, sick days, and holidays), 401k eligibility after one year, generous employee discount, travel discounts at Trump Hotels, educational opportunities, paid volunteer days, and more
- Answer a multi-line phone system, answer inquiries in a friendly and professional manner
- Preregistration and blocking of rooms for reservations
- Assist in the creation, modification and cancellations of reservations in the property management system
- Clean and maintain common areas and guest rooms while keeping to the highest standards set by management
- Review daily reports noting arrivals and departures, as well as other assignments and duties for the day
- Carry company radio and correspond with other departments on room statuses, privacy signs noted, and other pertinent information
- Inventory and restock closets and carts with chemicals, linen and other supplies needed for cleaning guest rooms and common areas
- Maintain cleanliness and organization in back of house areas and housekeeping carts and caddies
- Note and report any maintenance issues observed in guest rooms, common areas, and back of house
- Welcome and check in guests, assist with luggage and administer tours of the Estate with the knowledge to answer guest questions
- Provide exemplary customer service, anticipate guest’s needs, and accommodate special requests whenever possible
- Retain knowledge of the Estate’s services and amenities available
- Respond to inquiries via phone and email including but not limited to reservations, amenities and activities, general property information, and basic operations of other departments
- Complete daily audit of reservations and correct any charges necessary
- Ensures cleanup is completed from meals in the dining room and kitchen, and assists with the preparation and setup for upcoming meals
- Uses standard housecleaning equipment (cart, vacuums, mops, brooms & various chemicals)
- Maintain the cleanliness and neatness of the reception, supply, break, and public areas
- Perform regular inspection of guest rooms, public areas, back of house, instilling the all-important eye for detail and passion for perfection for our guests
- Take inventory of and restock all areas as supplies are depleted
- Communicate with the maintenance department, and indicate any appropriate information in maintenance log for all repairs to be completed in a timely fashion
- Complete bar service to include alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, retaining recipes and ingredients
- Prepare basic food items such as cheese plates, charcuterie plates, and picnic baskets
- Process guest check outs: ensure correct charges on account, assist with luggage, and give directions as needed
- Adhere to proper credit, check, gift card and cash handling policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as required including but not limited to general office work, cleaning, back up for other team members
- Assist with the execution of internal and external events at the Estate: exclusive wine club events, private external events, ticketed guest events, etc.
- Create and maintain quality relationships with customers, private individuals, corporate event coordinators, vendors, colleagues
- Ensure safety practices and procedures are followed and proper emergency and security procedures are maintained
- Must posess strong organizational skills required and attention to detail
- College degree or 2+ years’ experience in the hospitality, hotel, or related field
- Must possess exceptional telephone skills
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and professional attitude
- Must be able to follow detailed instructions and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Work independently with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance
- Must be able to converse in English
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, pulling and lifting up to 50 pounds, bending, reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, walking on uneven surfaces, using ladders, moving up and down stairs.
- Comfortable on a ladder, dusting overhead, reaching, and twisting
See why we’ve been named “one of the best places to work in Charlottesville”.
- Competitive pay
- Fantastic benefits including paying 80% of medical and dental premiums
- Vacation, sick and holiday pay
- Generous discounts on wine, merchandise and hotels
- Training opportunities
- 2 paid team volunteer days per year
Trump Vineyard Estates is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other categories protected by federal, state, and local law.
Trump Vineyard Estates participates in the E-Verify Program (Identity and Employment Eligibility Verification) and uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
Este Empleador participa en E-Verify (Verificación de Documentos de Identidad y Elegibilidad de Empleo).