|The Center for Policing Equity (CPE) produces analyses identifying the causes of racial disparities in law enforcement and advocates for large-scale and meaningful change. Using evidence-based approaches to social justice, we use data to create levers for social, cultural and policy change.
We are research scientists, race and equity experts, data virtuosos, and community trainers. We use data to build a more fair and just system. We partner with law enforcement and communities. Our aim is to bridge the divide of communication, generational mistrust, and suffering. But most of all, we are the path that science can forge towards public safety, community trust, and racial equity.
Location: Denver; Flexible for the right candidate
The Center for Policing Equity (CPE) is looking for an experienced individual to serve as the COMPSTAT for Justice (C4J) Public Health Implementation Specialist. C4J is a new initiative aimed at providing statistical analyses to law enforcement agencies (LEAs) in support of their efforts to reduce racial disparities in policing outcomes.
Through a racial equity lens, the Implementation Specialist will coordinate with communities, the services/resources of healthcare institutions, social service organizations, public safety personnel, and other agencies to address public health issues and reduce overall law enforcement footprint. These services and interventions have the ultimate goal of rendering more robust public health support for communities served through C4J by addressing the gaps in services that increase minority populations’ encounters with law enforcement. The Implementation Specialist will also coordinate and/or combine the resources of healthcare institutions, social service organizations, public safety personnel, or other agencies that intersect with criminal justice in order to eliminate the criminalization of health conditions.
This position will report to the C4J Public Health Director.
- Promote positive public health outcomes for communities served by C4J by examining the intersection of public health and criminal justice outcomes
- Complete socio-cultural analysis of policies addressing health-facing environments
- Lead the development of well-organized tactical plans to guide the strategic implementation of the C4J Public Health program in collaboration with members of the implementation team
- Lead cross-functional projects or programs; including scoping, generating buy-in across teams, identifying risks, solving multi-level problems, communicating across the organization, and delivering to the client
- Adapt strategic plans and approach to match the organizational type and needs of the client
- Communicate the relevant details of strategies within the C4J Public Health program using various techniques (e.g., written descriptions, images, models, protocols, etc.)
- Guide clients to allocate limited resources in data-informed ways to drive results
- Monitor the execution activities to ensure that the project is progressing in a results-oriented way
- Manage the decisions and actions that relate to the programmatic strategy
- Assist with designing and improving intervention strategies
- Nurture and develop external relationships (e.g., strategic partners and clients)
- Provide feedback to the Product Discovery team through the Senior Director to iterate on the service delivery model from a public health perspective
- Collaborate with the Community Engagement team to identify prevention programs and self-care models that specialize in reducing contact with the criminal justice system
- Collaborate with the Data-Driven Interventions and Product Discovery teams to assess the effectiveness of recommended risk reduction actions or other interventions
- Bachelors required; advanced degree in public health, health science
- 3 to 5 years of experience working in service delivery/implementation within complex organizations and dynamic environments, preferably for public health or healthcare organizations
- Knowledge of the health and healthcare domain including public health, population health, health equity, and health financing
- Experience proactively recommending service delivery and implementation process improvements; continuously iterating and innovating on a service delivery framework
- Experience managing cross-functional teams and complex projects through soft influence techniques
- Experience with managing organization-wide strategies and change management plans
- Ability to use critical thinking to navigate and analytically solve complex problems
- Has the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships; up, down and across
- Is highly organized and systematic, with superb attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work independently and elicit trust in judgment (can make trusted recommendations) from the C4J Public Health Director
- Ability to quickly adapt to a growing organization
- Passionate about social justice issues
- Passionate about inclusion and diversity and in achieving health equity
- Knowledge of the US governmental public health agencies including HHS, state, territorial, tribal, and local public health organizations, programs, and strategic priorities (as well as laws pertaining to public health) is a plus
Application Submission Guidelines
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. To apply, please submit the following materials: