Plan and teach specific core classes and electives in a special education classroom serving students in residential treatment following an academic calendar. Duties include maintaining direct contact with students, parents/guardians and mental health professionals. Responsible for detailed student records in compliance with the Ohio Department of Education standards. This position will be located in Shaker Heights, OH.
- Plan and teach assigned classes as outlined in position summary
- Advise, mentor, guide assigned students as outlined in position summary
- Communicate with parents/guardians and mental health professionals with consistent updates regarding students' progress or issues that arise.
- Extends and supports therapeutic ideals and goals of Reserve School and Applewood Centers
- Actively reviews student's progress and plans through all available documentation I.e. ETR, IEP, Therapist reports, background reports and Juvenile Court reports.
- Cooperate with the educational team regarding planning, decisions and execution of IEP's made in conjunction with the student's home district representative and Special Education Coordinator
- Complete Progress Reports and other required documentation in a timely manner.
- All required trainings, certifications and licensure must be kept current in accordance with applicable licensing and accreditation regulations and standards.
- Maintain a good on-time and attendance record.
A Bachelor's Degree and valid Ohio Teaching Certificate-Intervention Specialist are required. Demonstrated oral and written communication skills and effective interpersonal skills along with practical and creative problem solving skills is preferred.
Benefits: At Applewood Centers we pride ourselves in having a collaborative culture and team environment found throughout our programs. Our Core Values help set the goals and expectations of our employees. We value our employees and their commitment to our mission and offer competitive benefits including:
- A competitive salary
- Dental insurance
- Medical insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Generous paid time off
- Domestic partner benefits
- 403(b) plan
- Life insurance
- Paid long-term disability
Other benefits of working at Applewood Centers include:
- A friendly, professional and appreciated staff
- Working with a team committed to the well-being of others
- Career growth
- Staff recognition
- Year round free CEU trainings
- Northeast Ohio is a great place to live and work http://www.neoisgreat.com/
About Reserve School: Reserve School provides an educational environment that strives to meet the academic, developmental and social needs of high school and middle school students who are residing in the locked intensive treatment units at Bellefaire JCB due to emotional, social or behavioral difficulties. The school provides a therapeutic environment that teaches skills to prepare the students for a return to a less restrictive educational environment. It works with parents/guardians, sending school districts and community organizations to extend the positive influence of the school in the family and community lives of the students. The school believes that students can continue to learn even when life circumstances have led to a disruption in routine, functioning, or family. By supporting students within the classroom in order to help them reach academic goals, Reserve School helps create a sense of accomplishment and success. The school believes that helping students overcome obstacles in the classroom will help them overcome obstacles outside of the educational setting, and will reinforce their capacity to succeed despite life circumstances.
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.