Are you looking for an amazing opportunity to help others?
Do you want to work with an organization committed to making a difference??
Then look no further.......
Community First Health Centers is currently looking for a Breastfeeding Peer Counselor to join our team at our New Haven medical facility within our WIC department.
The ideal candidate for this role will be familiar with WIC services, have the ability to build relationships easily and be a great communicator. We service a large Spanish speaking population so being bilingual would be very valuable. This position will be located out of our New Haven, MI medical facility located at 58144 Gratiot Avenue.
Daily responsibilities of our Breastfeeding Peer Counselor may include:
• Promote breastfeeding to WIC clients
• Provide basic information to WIC clients on breastfeeding including support, benefit as well as overcoming and preventing barriers
• Identify and refer those difficult cases to WIC Coordinator and/or CPA/CLS/IBCLC
• Work through WIC caseload of those pregnant and/or breastfeeding; reach out via phone periodically to see how experience is progressing
• Assist with teaching WIC breastfeeding classes and/or support groups
• Educate WIC clients on breast pumping including use, assembly, milk storage and/or cleaning
• Keep accurate records in the MI-WIC system of all contact/follow up with WIC clients
• Assist with the selection and ordering of breastfeeding educational materials
• Attend and participate in required continuing education, meeting(s) and/or in-service(s) as required
• Participation in Quality Improvement initiatives
• Other duties as assigned
This is a part time opportunity; 24 hours per week.
Normal business hours are 830am to 5pm; Monday thru Friday with some flexibility needed based on business demands.
Days/hours will be determined with chosen candidate.
Why work for Community First Health Centers?
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including;
- Bi-Weekly Competitive Pay
- Generous Holiday and Vacation time
- Professional growth opportunities/cross training
- Employee Recognition and Assistance Programs
Community First Health Centers: Improving the quality of life for our community!!