Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable):
• Interviewing, hiring, and training employees
• Planning, assigning, and directing work
• Appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees if appropriate
• Addressing complaints and resolving problems
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
• Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Ability to work remotely if necessary.
• Communication – Must be able to listen to others, process information, and communicate effectively.
• Leadership – Ability to encourage, instill trust, provide direction, and delegate responsibility. Willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
• Adaptability – Ability to adjust to circumstances and think creatively.
• Task Management – Involves working efficiently and competently.
• Developing Others – Ability to cultivate individual talent and successfully motivate others.
• Work Planning and Project Management – Ability to develop specific goals and plans, organize, and accomplish work.
• Mathematical – Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Problem Solving/Analysis – Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Attention to detail – Ability to pay close attention to detail for accuracy and thoroughness in completing work.
• Change Management – Ability to demonstrate support for innovation and for organizational changes needed to improve the organization’s effectiveness; initiating, sponsoring, and implementing organizational change; helping others to successfully manage organizational change.
• Initiative – Does more than is required or expected in the job; does things that no one has requested that will improve or enhance products and services, avoid problems, or develop entrepreneurial opportunities. Plans ahead for upcoming problems or opportunities and takes appropriate action.
• Collaboration – Must be able to work cooperatively with other individuals and makes valued contributions to the outputs of others in order to assist own team or project to achieve the required outputs.
Education and Experience:
• Master’s degree in counseling
• Five years’ supervisory-related experience
• National Certified Counselor (NCC) required
• Combination of education and experience is acceptable
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds at times.
• Regularly required to use hands and reach with hands and arms.
• May require overnight travel.
• May need to be able to work from home for extended periods of time.