In addition to providing underwriting expertise on complex commercial credit requests, this position will serve as supervisor for the Bank’s commercial credit analysts. In this capacity the position will be responsible for allocating workflow (New Money, Renewals, Annual Reviews, Servicing Requests, etc.), quality control and training.
Applicants are expected to have an in-depth understanding of commercial underwriting, excellent oral and written communication skills and a broad breadth of experience that includes a working familiarity with various credit enhancement programs (e.g., SBA, USDA, etc.). In addition, applicants should possess strong organizational skills, the ability to multi-task and the flexibility to work in a team environment that embraces change in order to meet the needs of its clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Supervise and lead a team responsible for the credit functions of the bank.
• Provide functional direction, technical assistance and leadership to department personnel ensuring the growth and development of direct reports.
• Prepare comprehensive and well written Credit Memos.
• Work collaboratively with Lenders to ensure loan requests are appropriately structured.
• Follow Loan Policy and underwriting guidelines and identify all exceptions and mitigating factors in the Credit Memo.
• Look outside the specifics of the credit request for local, regional, national and/or international economic trends or events that could impact the borrower’s business.
• Review supporting documents including but not limited to, UCC searches, title policies, appraisals, lease agreements, trust agreements, insurance policies, environmental reviews, etc.
• Accurately assign a risk rating to each loan in the Credit Memo.
• Attend Loan Committee meetings
• Assign and manage the credit team’s work-in-process (credit pipeline).
• Ensure Credit Memo’s meet quality control standards.
• Prepare accurate Loan Committee minutes.
• Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly management reports.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have 7+ years of commercial underwriting experience.
• Four-year degree from an accredited University or equivalent industry training or experience related to business lending.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should be adept with spreadsheet and word processing software as well as have experience working in a digital office environment that utilizes database management systems and/or loan origination software to communicate with the core operating system.
• Amazing benefit offerings. Details at https://incrediblebank.mybenefitsapp.com/