Residential Service Coordinator needed for full-time, temporary (12 week) assignment working Monday-Friday from 9a-5p.
The primary responsibility of the Residential Service Coordinator is to provide collaborative recovery planning, support and follow through with residents and supports utilizing a person-centered recovery model. These services include keeping accurate records as well as working as an advocate for the residents in connection with a team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Build relationships and foster a sense of community. Encourage residents to participate and support various functions and opportunities at the organization
- Design and implement recovery plans in the areas of recovery, health care, medication monitoring, money management, education, and employment which encompass short and long term goals, action plans and means for evaluation and revision.
- Assist residents with learning to maintain lease obligations, independently or with the help of supports.
Assist residents with coordination of benefits and resources
- Refer residents to BenePhilly and assist applicant with any related follow up needed (for example with DPW, SSA, unemployment).
- Refer residents for employment and education services including but not limited to organization's employment services, the Honickman Learning Center (Adult Education) and partner with departments associated with resident employment and education goals.
- Support residents through the completion of housing recertification process.
Meet as scheduled with the following individuals:
- Participate in staff, team, and resident and special committee meetings.
- Meet as scheduled in supervision with the Program Manager.
- Participate in trainings and continuing education opportunities.
- Facilitate Wellness Self-Management group and individual sessions with residents.
- Plan and actively participate in site based and agency activities.
Intake, Orientation and Discharge
- Utilize Critical Time Intervention best practices.
- Complete all admission and discharge paperwork accurately.
- Enter necessary information into electronic charting system, complete all assessments, and facilitate support groups and House Meetings.
- Use the orientation process to inform new residents of the residential site, agency, services and neighborhood resources.
Assist residents with coordination of supports including referrals, linkage meetings and advocacy in the following areas: Addiction, Housing, Employment, Education, Medical, Mental Health and Natural Supports. Maintain records and reports, as required in a timely and thorough manner.
Ensure safe medication procedures including but not limited to monitoring medications/medication scheduling, storage, and disposal.
Collaborate with residents and other supports to create appropriate discharge plans. Connect discharged residents to Alumni Services.
Alternate on-call responsibilities with other residential staff for emergencies. Work with residents and supports through crises, assessing the situation and preparing appropriate plans and interventions. Report and respond to incidents in a timely and appropriate manner.
Work closely with Property Management and other departments within organization as needed and all other tasks as assigned. Communicate effectively in a respectful, culturally sensitive and timely fashion. Develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with others. Encourage an open expression of ideas and opinions.