JOIN OUR GRAIN HANDLING TEAM!
United Farmers Cooperative's grain handling crew provides customers with grain storage facilities and equipment from the ground up. The team works to create the perfect site plan for the customers farming needs. Join a talented crew! For more information, visit https://www.ufcmn.com/Equipment/Grain-Systems
Primary Objectives of the Position:
- Efficiently and accurately install Grain Handling Systems according to site plans and mechanical requirements.
- Work with interdepartmental maintenance and coordinate repairs with respective department managers.
- Setup and repair Grain Legs, Augers and Air Systems
- Communicates with patrons and employees in a manner that will create support and loyalty for United Farmers Cooperative.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Work with concrete crews, grain bin erection crews and grain handling equipment installation crews.
- Assists in general maintenance of buildings and equipment.
- Sets up farm machinery and fertilizer equipment
- Enforces company safety program.
- Follows company safety programs and wears personal protective equipment as required.
- Maintains required logs, daily truck inspection and other required documentation.
- Attends appropriate training sessions as part of programs of continuing education.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school graduate required. Post high school training desirable. Experience may be substituted for education
- Previous millwright experience preferred, but willing to train
- Mechanical aptitude necessary
- Ag background a plus
- Good people skills necessary
- Must be in good physical condition capable of lifting, carrying and pushing weights up to 100 pounds and have full use of both arms and legs and both hands.
- Must be able to climb stairs, reach above, below and at shoulder level, work on moving machinery, work at unprotected heights with dust, fumes or gas and in temperature extremes both inside and outside.
- Be able to drive vehicles with manual and automatic transmissions.
- Must have a valid commercial driver’s license with tanker and hazardous materials endorsements.
- Pre-employment and random drug testing required.
- Must attend all training sessions required by law.
- Must comply with all safety regulations and policies of the company.
United Farmers Cooperative, along with competitive wages, does offer a number of work/life benefits and services.
Medical Benefit – High Deductible Health Plan with HSA, as well as a low-deductible plan. Wellness component and a prescription drug program.
- Single coverage
- Single plus child, or single plus spouse
- Family coverage
Other benefits include: Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401K Plan with 4% Employer Match, Flex Spending Accounts for Medical and Daycare, Profit Sharing, Uniform Program, Employee Discounts, Shop Tool Reimbursement Program, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Long Term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident Insurance, Direct deposit payroll, Family Leave, Awards Recognition program, Ongoing employee training paid by UFC, Employee referral bonus and Scholarship program.
|United Farmers Cooperative (UFC) is a farmer-owned cooperative that was formed as the Cooperative Creamery Association of Lafayette in 1915 in the town of Lafayette, Minnesota. Over the next 100+ years of business, UFC would undergo many changes to meet the evolving needs of members in a changing world. Since its start in 1915, UFC has grown from one location and two employees to over 300 total employees with multiple locations serving members across several Central Minnesota counties. Today, UFC is an innovative and diverse cooperative striving to meet and exceed its members expectations through several business units including United Natural Gas, Agronomy, Energy Ag Equipment, Grain Handling Systems, Feed and Grain.