JOIN OUR FARM EQUIPMENT TEAM!
UFC is proud to offer short-line, new and used equipment, parts and services at our Lafayette, MN location.
To learn more about UFC's Farm Equipment Department, visit https://www.ufcmn.com/equipment.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION:
Performs assigned tasks to the standards established by the Service Manager.
Diagnose, adjust, repair, or overhaul farm machinery and vehicles, such as tractors, harvesters, and skid loaders.
Communicates with patrons and employees in a manner that will create
support and loyalty for United Farmers Cooperative.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Mentors all assigned service technicians to accomplish the work standards established by the Service Manager.
- Diagnosing of equipment systems, power train, hydraulic, engine, electrical, A/C systems and electronic equipment.
- Removing, repairing, assembling and installing of components.
- Technician perform jobs that range from basic and preventative maintenance and fluid changes to diagnosing and repairing of components
- Must be able to use/be familiar with a laptop, time entry, looking up machine specifications, parts pictures and familiarizing with machine systems.
- Works safely and efficiently with zero injuries and 100% compliance with PPE.
- Travel to and repair farm equipment that breaks down in the field whenever on-site repairs are warranted using the proper tools and equipment
- Maintain records of all shop supplies and tools used in a repair process, as well as all relevant labor hours for yourself and your team
- Completes all tasks in a time efficient manner
- Completes all tasks correctly the first time – keeps re-works to a minimum.
- Records time accurately on all work orders
- Assists in resolving customer complaints quickly and fairly in accordance with company policies
- Complies with all laws and regulations that apply to the department
- Attends appropriate training sessions as part of programs of continuing education
- Specialized training specific to equipment
- Other duties as assigned
- Post high school training at the college or vocational level with emphasis on small engine mechanics and auto mechanics.
- Experience may be substituted for education
- Minimum of 5+ years of hands on diesel mechanical experience
- Hydraulic experience helpful
- General electrical experience desirable
- Must be in good physical condition capable of lifting, carrying, pushing weights up to 100 pounds and have full use of both arms and legs and both hands
- Must be able to climb stairs, reach above, below and at shoulder level, work on moving machinery, work at unprotected heights with dust, fumes or gas and in temperature extremes both inside and outside.
- Be able to drive vehicles with manual and automatic transmissions
- Must have a valid commercial driver license with tanker and HazMat endorsements
- Pre-employment and random drug testing required
- Must attend all training sessions required by law
- Must comply with all safety regulations and policies of the company
United Farmers Cooperative, along with competitive wages, does offer a number of work/life benefits and services.
Medical Benefit – High Deductible Health Plan with HSA, as well as a low-deductible plan. Wellness component and a prescription drug program.
- Single coverage
- Single plus child, or single plus spouse
- Family coverage
Other benefits include: Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401K Plan with 4% Employer Match, Flex Spending Accounts for Medical and Daycare, Profit Sharing, Uniform Program, Employee Discounts, Shop Tool Reimbursement Program, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Long Term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident Insurance, Direct deposit payroll, Family Leave, Awards Recognition program, Ongoing employee training paid by UFC, Employee referral bonus and Scholarship program.