Real World Experience Compliments Classroom Learning
United Farmers Cooperative's internships are designed to give students an opportunity to complement their formal education with career-related experiences. Gaining real world experiences also helps the participants to make more informed career choices, which will result in higher job satisfaction and higher productivity.
Our internships are paid programs that coordinate with the students' schooling. Summer internships are available along with shorter seasonal internships. Interns will be assigned a mentor to assist them. Recruitment for summer interns is done in the fall with the goal of hiring decisions to be made by late winter.
Primary Objectives of the Position:
Delivers chemicals and fertilizer to custom applicators.
Applies fertilizer and chemicals to customer's fields at specific rates determined by Agronomy Operations Supervisor, Agronomy Sales Specialist or Agronomy Team Manager.
Applies and delivers anhydrous ammonia.
Communicates with patrons and employees in a manner that will create support and loyalty for United Farmers Cooperative.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Responsible for accurately mixing chemicals in accordance with manufacturers requirements.
- Delivers fertilizer and chemicals to custom applicators.
- Responsible for the maintenance of Agronomy equipment.
- Responsible for proper calibration of meters to assure accurate mixing results.
- Follows company safety programs and wears personal protection equipment as required.
- Keeps records and maps of all spraying applications.
- Assist other departments within UFC as needed.
- Attends appropriate training sessions as part of programs of continuing education.
- Other duties as assigned