JOIN OUR FARM EQUIPMENT TEAM!
UFC is proud to offer short-line, new and used equipment, parts and services at our Lafayette, MN location.
To learn more about UFC's Farm Equipment Department, visit https://www.ufcmn.com/equipment.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION:
Effectively processes all service department paperwork.
Assists Service Manager in efficiently managing shop activities.
Ensures customers’ needs are fulfilled, acting as liaison between customers and service technicians.
Responsible for warranty administration.
Communicates with patrons and employees in a manner that will create support and loyalty for United Farmers Cooperative.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Responsible for service department invoicing, ensuring repairs are billed timely and accurately.
- Creates job stories that support invoice amounts.
- Endures parts used for repairs are accurately billed.
- Assists technicians with parts procurement, maximizing tech efficiency.
- Assists the Service Manager in scheduling service technicians.
- Assists parts department as needed.
- Coordinates with the sales team to effectively schedule equipment predelivery and reconditioning.
- Understands and complies with manufacturer warranty and policy procedures across all product lines.
- Files warranty claims in a timely manner, tracks status of claims, appeals, and rejections.
- Complies with all laws and regulations that apply to the department.
- Other duties as assigned
Post high school training at the college or vocational level
Experience may be substituted for education
3+ years hands on general mechanical experience - diesel and gasoline engine experience preferred
Previous parts and warranty experience preferred
Ag background a plus
Must be in good physical condition capable of lifting, carrying and pushing weights up to 50 pounds and have full use of both arms and legs and both hands.
Must be able to climb stairs, reach above, below and at shoulder level, work on moving machinery, and work at unprotected heights with dust, fumes or gas and in temperature extremes both inside and outside.
Pre-employment and random drug testing required.
Must attend all training sessions required by law.
Must comply with all safety regulations and policies of the company.