Under the general direction of the Director of Accounting , the Accounting Clerk is responsible for Computing, classifying and recording data to keep financial records complete. Performs routine calculations, posts and verifies data for use in maintaining accounting records. May check the accuracy of figures, calculations and postings pertaining to business transactions recorded by other employees.
1.Opens, sorts, codes and distributes mail.
2. Processes checks, invoice payments and credit card charges.
3. Updates and maintains databases with payment information.
4. Processes Statement of Annual Maintenance Fees.
5. Answers telephone calls and transfers callers to the appropriate party.
6. Prepares letters and email correspondence.
7. Prepares general accounting files for storage.
8. Complies with federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations.
9. Cross training in other Accounting positions to serve as backup for all team members such as separation of duties allows.
10. Other duties as assigned.
· 2 Years related experience in a fast paced customer service or payment processing environment, cashier experience and/or bank teller experience.
· Ability to meet deadlines consistently
· Excellent 10 key calculator skills with a high level of accuracy
· Ability to work on multiple databases and flex between varying procedures throughout the work day;
· Working knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, operation of office equipment, and terminology
· Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook software programs.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Access is helpful
Ability to use computers and computer systems to enter data and process information.
Ability to use basic spreadsheets, email, and the internet
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Ability to apply critical thinking to daily activities in order to identify potential problems.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED required; associates degree preferred;
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet
· Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
· Must be able to work remotely when necessary.