|Paychex, Inc. (NASDAQ:PAYX) is a leading provider of integrated human capital management solutions for human resources, payroll, benefits, and insurance services. By combining its innovative software-as-a-service technology and mobility platform with dedicated, personal service, Paychex empowers small- and medium-sized business owners to focus on the growth and management of their business. Backed by more than 45 years of industry expertise, Paychex serves approximately 670,000 payroll clients as of May 31, 2019 across more than 100 locations in the U.S. and Europe, and pays one out of every 12 American private sector employees. Learn more about Paychex by visiting www.paychex.com , and stay connected on Twitter and LinkedIn.
A seasoned position requiring in-depth knowledge and experience in compute system technologies. Works independently under moderate supervision responsible for troubleshooting, installing, configuring, and maintaining server hardware, operating systems, and applications in support of business requirements. Provides technical support during critical and non-critical business hours. Proactively identifies and automates the resolution to availability and performance issues throughout the environment.This position will expose the candidate to all server based operating systems (Linux, Windows) at Paychex and will require the development of skills to support, administer, and engineer cross-platform OS solutions. The candidate will be exposed to Continuous Delivery concepts such as Version Control, Continuous Integration, Testing (smoke, sanity, regression), Automation, and Orchestration as a means to deliver and support IT systems at Paychex. Technologies like Git, Artifactory, ServerSpec, Puppet, Ansible, and many more are the means to achieve our organizations 'as code' goals and objectives. Scripting (Bash, Powershell), and non-scripting (Ruby, Python, Go) languages are leveraged to extend features/functionality within our current toolsets and further our self-service, automation, and orchestration capabilities and services. The candidate will leverage the latest technologies from Cisco, Dell/EMC, Docker, Google, Microsoft, Red Hat, VMware, and many Open Source projects in our IT environment that are critical to delivering Paychex's IT infrastructure services. The candidate will be integrated into DevOps teams (Delivery Teams) with Software Developers and Testers, Build and Release Engineers, Solution Leads, Scrum Masters, and many more, responsible for delivering new products, features/functionality, and remediating defects for Paychex's Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions.
- Provides moderately complex technical support during critical and non-critical business hours on server hardware, operating systems, and software. Is proactive and reactive for problem alerting, analysis, resolution, and follow up to ensure platform stability.
- Deploys and configuring moderately complex server operating systems and applications (Corporate and Third-Party) in physical, virtual, and containerized compute environments to corporate and vendor standards.
- Performs moderately complex application and storage system upgrades (hardware/software) as well as periodic health checks in accordance with established corporate policies and procedures.
- Supports cross-functional project teams to help deliver solutions as required.
- Creates and maintains technical reference documentation to be used in support and training of Information Technology (IT) personnel.
- Proactively identifies and automates the resolution to availability and performance failures throughout the environment.
- Proactively identifies work requests that can be downshifted to Operations staff or automated via software automation and orchestration tools. Ensures that all working knowledge sets are properly documented and communicated.
- Participates in the creation of corporate standards, best practices, and roadmaps for IT systems and technologies.
- Participates in the creation of designs for corporate IT systems.
Wonder what it’s like to work in IT at Paychex? Check it out! https://www.themuse.com/profiles/paychex/team/productdevelopmentanditteams