Join our Team!
Crystal Mountain is seeking paid interns for the 2020/2021 Winter Season. An intern at Crystal Mountain will enjoy beautiful Northern Michigan while learning about the hospitality industry at a nationally recognized ski resort. Expect to work at least 35 hours a week for the duration of the internship in a fast-paced team environment and assist with various duties as needed. On-site housing is available to interns who are receiving college credit for their experience.
Internships can be tailored to specific interests and can include rotations in areas including but not limited to:
• Restaurant Management
• Kitchen Management
• Banquets and Events
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Welcome and greet guests and making them feel comfortable and valued for the duration of their visit.
• Recommend daily features and menu items to our guests while using suggestive selling techniques to upsell food and beverage items.
• Educate yourself regarding the restaurants functions, services and the food/wine products we offer, as well as how they are prepared so you can accurately answer questions.
• Perform all necessary side work, maintain cleanliness and assist fellow service team members as situations arise as well as throughout meal service.
• 3 to 6 months of customer service experience is preferred, on-the-job training will be provided.
• Must be enrolled in college coursework related to Hospitality
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• Must have a valid driver's license and have personal transportation.
• Must be guest oriented and have good communication skills.
• Basic understanding of food and beverage functions while practicing safe and sanitary food handling procedures.
This position is currently accepting applications.